FM05: Any chance of a rerelease?

Like some people here, maybe a lot who don't come to this forum very much any more, I pretty much gave up on FM several versions ago. FM08 was the last version I bought. In later versions the game was becoming more work than game, too loaded with "stuff" that IMHO does not have much to do with running a football team. And I've always suspected that the AI cheats, or at least is programmed with an advantage vs the human player. So, playing FM without a "can't get fired" mode has proven to be too frustrating to bother with.

To the designers: I'm really sorry, but a game that feels more like work just isn't fun any more.

I am thankful that recent versions include a feature I have been asking for since I joined this forum approximately 10 years ago: an editor that lets the player create his own leagues.

But FM has become more work than game.

I've returned to FM05, which is basic enough that a player with real-life responsibilities can actually complete a season in a reasonable amount of time.

Would SI consider re-releasing FM05 with an editor that allows the creation of new leagues as well as a "can't get fired" option?

This would be very welcome to those of us who just want to manage only our favorite team. It could also be a good entry point for gamers who will certainly be intimidated by the latest version of FM. Why not give them a taste of football management via a simpler game? It would whet the appetite for the full-blown modern FM.

Call it "FM Lite" if you want. I would certainly be happy to pay full price for it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I don't understand the 'more work than game' comment.

Every game has tasks one has to perform in order to progress, that's the whole idea of them. Games are meant to be a fun distraction, something that entertains you. The aim of the game is to complete the tasks... (virtually every game!) and to complete them in such a way as you are entertained and 'having fun'. If you do it right, you will positively LOVE playing FM11, if you do it wrong... *shrugs*

If you really want fm2005 then you should get yourself an amazon account if you haven't already got one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2005-Mac-PC/dp/B0001ZX9XO

I already have FM05. I also have CM01/02, FM06, FM07 and FM08.

I looked at the threads that Crouchaldinho mentioned. Very, very interesting.

I really like the look of FM05. Clean and functional, pleasant to look at. Add in the options I mentioned and it would be, to me, the perfect football management game. I would happily pay full price for it.

Archived