Worse Fm Yet ?

Anybody agree that fm 2011 is the worse in the series yet its absolutely unrealistic terribly long and hard and just couldnt compete with previous versions.

I mean how on earth can 2 players get injured per game 5 games in a row. How can aston villa come 2nd in prem and man city 10 man utd 11th

Stupid silly unrealistic game stick to basics SI

Since 11.3 I like FM11 - pre-patch I was less than impressed though...

Having played ALL versions of CM up until the split and ALL versions of FM since I can honestly say that this is, without doubt, one of the best versions I've played. Whether it is better than 9.3 (I never got to 10.3, I binned the game way before then...) or not remains to be seen, I really enjoyed my FM09 save ;)

I have to say this is the worst opening post I've read in a while.

This is probably the best version for me, and I've played them all since the split and a few CMs before that.

These unrealistic league positions, are they in the first season? Maybe they are a little unlikely, but then so was Ipswich finishing 5th a few years ago, or Leeds getting relegated, Liverpool being in the relegation zone this season. Funny thing about football, you can't always predict what will happen.

Everyone has their own opinions.

But i feel the best FM yet. I mean i've played to 2042, longest I have ever played one FM game, sure it has its annoying points like 3 matches in 3 days but no game is perfect not going to gurn about it.

Saying people who find it good know nothing about football i find just ridiculous. I mean tactics are far more realistic, look at previous versions you had far too much control with the sliders can managers in real life be this specific, no they can only give commands and instructions like in FM11 therefore making it more realistic than previous version

FM5 was the worst FM ever. Firstly because it was so different and confusing visually compared to the CM we knew and loved, and secondly because it had SIX YEARS less work on it compared to FM11.

FM6 was the second worst. See a pattern?

Everyone has their own opinions.

But i feel the best FM yet. I mean i've played to 2042, longest I have ever played one FM game, sure it has its annoying points like 3 matches in 3 days but no game is perfect not going to gurn about it.

Saying people who find it good know nothing about football i find just ridiculous. I mean tactics are far more realistic, look at previous versions you had far too much control with the sliders can managers in real life be this specific, no they can only give commands and instructions like in FM11 therefore making it more realistic than previous version

The lack of realism hasn't anything to do with the tactics. It has to do with the way the players are so mentally unstable that they are incapable of playing football anywhere near what you could expect of professionals. Team talks being important is nice and all, but what does actually "You have faith" and "you can win this" mean? Finding this out is a matter of sacrificing 2-3 seasons if you are a title contender, because the ramifications of selecting one of the four wrong team talks before each half is not simply "poor performances" but "beneath abysmal performances". Since we don't have anywhere near enough information to make the right choice until knowing the team by heart through trial and error, there is a 20% chance you motivate your players and 80% chance they have a mental breakdown.

Have you seen Gerrard nervous? Have you seen Tevez complacent? No? But I bet you have seen both play good matches looking highly motivated, and less good matches looking a bit "out of it". This isn't what happens in the game. Gerrard is still Gerrard even though he (like Liverpool) was better a few years ago. He can still shoot, close down and pay attention to his surroundings, and he doesn't suffer convulsions out of sheer terror unable to know what to do with the ball. He is still Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and England, and not Stephen Gerard of Woefield United from some obscure amateur league.

i have been playing since cm2 and this version hasn't got me hooked (yet!) in the way a few other ones have (fm07 and fm10 get recent honorable mentions) theres just something i haven't enjoyed quite as much, but thats just me....

but it's not the worst by a long way IMO its a solid game and very enjoyable, can see myself playing for a long time.

I think overall it's a good game but with significant flaws. There are some features I like and the interface is brilliant, especially on match days. However, the way it was released and the way it has panned out, I think it has been one of the biggest let downs out of all the FM's released. FM10 was good by 10.3, and FM11 promised to improve on it considerably with all the talk about SI learning from the past, the publicity campaigns on how it was going to be for the fans this year, etc etc. Yet it was an absolute mess from day one, with SI blaming "last minute changes" for the huge problems. Gamebreaking bugs, awful AI, horrible agent system resulting in ridiculous gameplay, very little of the core game (ME, regen system, AI squad building) from FM10 had changed and instead we went back from 10.3 to the equivalent of 10.1 (with many bugs thrown in). What made things so annoying was that it took them until March, i.e. 11.3, so nearly half a year, to bring it to a merely OK state, yet all they really did was use patch 1, 2 and 3 to fix the problems from the release version - it feels like very little has been done to actually move the core elements of the game forward. For example the regen system is still no different at all from 10.3, despite the "abilities by nation" idea - we still have horrible hidden stats and poor physical stats across the board.

Of all the problems, the transfer market was the biggest mess from the start, and it still has significant issues (e.g. zero competition for good players at a bargain price, constant interest but no offers, etc etc) as you can tell by the many threads on the matter. Granted, it's better now than in 11.2/11.1, but it just feels like they've just papered over the cracks with patch 11.3, as though they've dialed a knob down instead of rebuilding the device, so the problems still exist but they just aren't so glaringly obvious as they were in 11.1 and 11.2. Although I'll still play FM11 because I have nothing better to do, I just don't enjoy it much when I can't really build or dismantle a squad competitively because the AI seems to be sleeping most of the time.

Anybody agree that fm 2011 is the worse in the series yet its absolutely unrealistic terribly long and hard and just couldnt compete with previous versions.

I mean how on earth can 2 players get injured per game 5 games in a row. How can aston villa come 2nd in prem and man city 10 man utd 11th

Stupid silly unrealistic game stick to basics SI

Interesting way of spelling 'best'...

i agree!!! hes right , it is unrealistic, and whoever says its not, clearly knows nothing about football.

And you clearly have no idea that people are allowed to express their opinions.

And you clearly have no idea that people are allowed to express their opinions.

yeah you can, but things like, when you sign a top goalscorrer and he doesnt score in 15 games, and then a rubbish player scores 3 agaist you, and when chelsea finish 10th and everton win the league, come on, this game has began to come unrealistic. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG.... i still love football manager! they just need to sort things out.

Why is it unrealistic?

Where were Liverpool before Dalglish took over?

How many goals has Torres scored since his £50m move to Chelsea?

Hell, Kevin Nolan is outscoring Drogba this season.

yeah you can, but things like, when you sign a top goalscorrer and he doesnt score in 15 games, and then a rubbish player scores 3 agaist you, and when chelsea finish 10th and everton win the league, come on, this game has began to come unrealistic. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG.... i still love football manager! they just need to sort things out.

i know imagine spending like £50m on a striker only for him not to score a goal in 10 games, and for him to only pass to his supposive strike partner 5 times in over 2½ hours of football, how unrealistic!!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But why does the OP have to make yet another thread to express their disgust. There are a plethora of other threads that they could have written this in.

Personally, i think this is the best FM yet. Yes it's taken till patch 11.3 to sort it out. But what CM/FM game hasn't needed these patches until it's in a much better state?

If you've played these game for so long surely you should... a) know that it takes 3 patches to get it to a playable state. b) Just not buy it.

I don't think it's unrealistic at all. Yeah sometimes the injuries seem a little harsh...but it's hardly game breaking. And my beloved Newcastle United are just as rubbish in the game as we are in real life...result.

Oh, and this :-

i know imagine spending like £50m on a striker only for him not to score a goal in 10 games, and for him to only pass to his supposive strike partner 5 times in over 2½ hours of football, how unrealistic!!!!

Couldnt have put it better myself Milner.

Football is unrealistic.

Blackpool getting promoted to Premier League...........

Whod have expected that?

Football is unpredictable, as is Football manager.

Whos to say when Fergy retires, they go on a downward spiral.

It could, and probably will happen in the future.

According to FM, Mike Phelan will be promoted to replace Fergie and continue Man Utd's performances until his retirement in his early 60s - at which point Steve Kean will take over the reigns and almost relegate them.

God I love the save I'm playing at the moment.

According to FM, Mike Phelan will be promoted to replace Fergie and continue Man Utd's performances until his retirement in his early 60s - at which point Steve Kean will take over the reigns and almost relegate them.

God I love the save I'm playing at the moment.

Fergie retired totally out of the blue on mine at the end of the 12/13 season. United, after thinking long and hard, decided to replace him with ex-Inter Milan, Manchester City and Chelsea manager Roberto Mancini :D

My favourite thing so far is Ambramovic legging it from Chelsea (who then hired Steve Kean before he got fired and took over Man U) and they're now 1 point above relegation (7 seasons later).

Its a great game but it does have some issues, i cant remember any other FM with such a bad catch system i hope im wrong. It seems to me that if the media expect you to get relegated but you end up having a great season then you will definately not be the only relegation threatened team to have a great season. The teams that was (media) predicted to finish around you at the start of the season seem to finish around you no matter where you finnish. Ie if i finish in a playoff place then a few of the teams that should have been relegated end up also battling for promotion. This for me is the biggest flaw there is some other small ones but nothing comes close to making the game more unrealistic for me than the current catch up system.

Nope, it doesn't.

Making a rubber banding system for FM would probably be more difficult than making it behave realistically.

FM sells in excess of 1m games a year - with that many games being played, someone's always going to get results that make them think the game is cheating them.

Fair enough i do hope for the good of Fm that you are right, but for instance this season i was expected to finish 11th but im in 6 place and the teams predicted to finnish 9th and 10th are in 3rd and 4th place yea not so bad, but i 1st noticed it when i was predicted to get relegated but ended up going great and pushing for promotion for me to find that the teams around me was also predicted to finish low. 1 other thing which i find a wee bit strange is that how can your team be classed as the leagues overacheivers but yet you dont get manager of the year?

Ps i dont think the game is cheating me, after all my problem isnt my standing in the table i am where i should be. Its more the realism to the game that it effects. I mean lets say blackpool pulled of a mirracle and challenged for the title some might say yea could happen blah blah fair enough, but then add 2 or 3 to the list that should be going down but instead are challenging with blackpool for the title , then this for me just would never happen.

I've played as Liverpool, Blackburn, Nottingham Forrest, and Leeds. I've won trophies with all of them, so this is not a rant, I am, as a hole very successful on this, and other versions of FM.

I think 11.1 was terrible, 11.2 was pretty good, and 11.3 is back to terrible again. I'm just waiting till next February or march when FM12 is finished (hopefully).

Boy I think about it every night and day

I'm addicted wanna jump inside your love

I wouldn't wanna have it any other way

I'm addicted and I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

I think 11.1 was terrible, 11.2 was pretty good, and 11.3 is back to terrible again. I'm just waiting till next February or march when FM12 is finished (hopefully).

Agree with this.......i went back to 11.2 after a couple of weeks of 11.3.

Injury's galore and it just didn't feel as good as when on .2

Archived