Set Piece takers

why does the game insist that if you don't set set piece takers (it seems to primarily affect free kicks/corners, penalties are ok most of the time) then centre backs take them?

I don't really care enough to actually go in and set who takes them but it seems completely illogical for the centre backs to take them. this was the same on the 2010 version too.

what I'd propose is the game uses the ratings for them you can sort on the tactics screen. ideally by default, it would just use the highest rated player for whatever set piece you've got that is on the pitch at the time.

if you want to set them manually you still could (I know people like to base their selections on a combination of attributes for things like penalties i.e. composure, finishing and penalty taking) but at the moment there doesn't seem to be any sort of obvious selection process the game uses.

Use set piece wizard in the tactics tab to set the choice of yours SP takers and position of other players in the same condition. Keep the mental aspect like decision, composure in mind when you assing SP for free kick(free kick, technique), corner, penalty and long throw.

is there a way of rotating the free kick takers without doing it manually? i have a good few free kick takers in my squad and dont want just whoever i set to take them all, but cant be bothered to change it evey match, or every half time.

That's a nice idea too. Instead of setting a specific order (or as an alternative method), you could select 3 or 4 players you'd be happy to take free kicks for example and then all free kicks you get during a match could be spread around between these players.

when you create your set-piece instructions in the TC, make sure that your best corner, free-kick and throw-in takers are all available to take them...

I never specify set-piece takers, never have... I let the players get on with it, they rotate takers themselves ;)

That's a nice idea too. Instead of setting a specific order (or as an alternative method), you could select 3 or 4 players you'd be happy to take free kicks for example and then all free kicks you get during a match could be spread around between these players.

Why would you like to rotate your set piece taker, except for the throw in taker. Best suitable player should take the set piece always without any doubt

Why would you like to rotate your set piece taker, except for the throw in taker. Best suitable player should take the set piece always without any doubt

Not at all. You might want your best free kick taker to take free kicks in your own half, but be in the penalty box to receive them when taken in the opposing half.

I want to be able to set %s for free kicks and to be able to specify direct, indirect and free kicks in my own half.

I might have a very tall forward who is also very good at free kicks. I want him to take direct free kicks around the box but for indirect free kicks in wide positions id like him in the box looking to get on the end of it.

I might have two left footed players with identical free kick stats id like to be able to set the to Direct free kicks from the left 50% each so when their both on the pitch they take turns.

Not at all. You might want your best free kick taker to take free kicks in your own half, but be in the penalty box to receive them when taken in the opposing half.

Thats quite unusual I will have a defender take free kick from my half (their is no way that a goal can be scored from there). In opposition half I need by best free kick taker, coz I can score goals from therein. Although I would like to have a FK taker different for a direct and indirect free kicks. Or at least my corner taker should take indirect free kick all the times.

Archived