Club Finances

In every save game i have my club always seems to lose a lot of money. Often the balance will fall into the red by a couple of million causing the board to give a cash injection. The thing is, i always have a tight control over my wages, so much so that in my confidence it says something along the lines of 'make sure your prudence doesnt harm the club', almost encouraging me to spend more. I think one problem may be that in order to compensate for signing players onlow wages i give bigger bonuses but looking in my expenditure this should be causing me to have lost the 5/6 million that has gone from the balance since i took over 3 years ago? Anybody have any ideas as to why this always seems to happen and if it is something i can reverse? Also after achieving promotion from league 1 a couple of years ago im about to win the championship, does this give a lot more money? Im not expecting the 90 million or whatever it is that clubs get from winning the playoff final but when ive been promoted to the prem before my transfer budget seems to go up a lot mor than the balance. any help much appreciated!

I think you get peanuts for winning the Championship, the real money is made during the prem league season from season tickets, and TV money. You wont get any huge cash injection when your promoted, just the ability to make more money and of course prize money at the end of it all.

Most clubs operate at a loss, but it is usually balanced out by prize money at the end of the season, I had a similar problem with Rangers and Juventus. You should see a big difference once you move to the Premiership and receive tv money, increased attendances etc.

Well i am Southampton and so am getting 26000 attendance every week so i dont think getting into the prem would see much more season tickets sold. The prize money for getting promoted through the playoffs confuses me anyway but is this not included in the game at all? I'm a Blackpool fan and when we got to wembley last year everybody was saying how 90 minutes of footballl was worth 90 million quid!

I'm a Blackpool fan and when we got to wembley last year everybody was saying how 90 minutes of footballl was worth 90 million quid!

That was an estimated figure based on what playing in the premiership could be worth through T.V. rights, merchandise, ticket sales etc, not prize money for getting promoted. Pundits throwing the number around were simplifying through hyperbole.

Archived