Attention to First Team, Or U19s

Hi guys. I'm currently managing Orihuela CF in the Spanish B3. I wanted to take the plunge and learn my trade by rising (hopefully) up the leagues. I don't have much experience or know how of young players, either training or tactics. So for this career I thought I'd get fully involved and take over the U19s. Now, however, I have a dilemma...

The league season for my U19's starts on Saturday 18th August, against Benidorm (might get myself on a sunlounger whilst I'm there). However, I also have a friendly against my recently appointed parent club, Murcia at home. Just so you've got the complete picture, I basically know who my first eleven are now, due to the pre-season friendlies, and have 4 Murcia loanee's in the squad, all of which will be ineligible. So...

Would you leave this meaningless friendly to your assistant manager, who unfortunatly has the tactical nous of a yak, and take the U19s in their first league game. Or, leave the U19s to the assistant, and do my primary role, which is to manage the first team... decisions, decisions.

Sorry for the long post. As a side note, I've been managing in Spain for 36 days, and can now speak basic Spanish...a D in French after 5 years of 4 hour a week lessons tells me that my skills for picking up other langages are limited.

Slightly off topic but it would be good if we could start off as an u19 or reserve team coach if LLM and then eventually work our way up to a proper manager (like solskjaer is atm). I think this may have been suggested before, but would be a good addition

Originally posted by Stella:

yes, change the name to Football assistant Manager 09 icon_eek.gif

Managing youth and reserve sides would be a very welcome addition. 'Football assistant Manager 09' - how so? I agree having the option to be an assistant manager would be mind numbing and I'm not sure how it would work but managing the reserve side or the u18's is a different kettle of fish and would be an enjoyable game.

Archived