Dont seem to get many new players in my game with 180 potential and above

Hi, I've been playing with Arsenal with large database and running English and Scottish league.

At the end of each season, when all the new youth players come into the game, I use the scout tool to see what new talent is out there and I never seem to find any new players above 180 potential.

Is this just me, is it due to the leagues i am running, any suggestions.

We must also remember that 180 potential means nothing with a crap work rate attribute. A 160 PA with 20 work rate will always turn out better than a 200 PA with 1 work rate.

(I think!)

Currently I am in 2013 with 16 leagues running and there are about 25 regen players over 180 PA. 5 of those are 190+! You must remember that players of Messi and Ronaldo quality dont happen every so often. Also the regen Bravery stats are abysmal!

We must also remember that 180 potential means nothing with a crap work rate attribute. A 160 PA with 20 work rate will always turn out better than a 200 PA with 1 work rate.

(I think!)

I always thought it was determination that affected if a player can ultimately fulfil their potential.

If you look at the guidelines, 170+ is a world class talent. 150+ usually means a decent prem player, depending on the attributes of course. It is all down to luck, and you could have a load of high potential players come through, or none. Just keep playing, and you'll find them eventually.

Archived