To Red Dot Or Not?

If this is the wrong forum then apologies.

I play a flat 442 attacking & defending with a ball winning midfielder & an advanced playmaker.

Now with these two positions I obviously have to play 2 MC's in those positions.

But if I try to use a DMC & an AMC who have no MC in the positional attributes I get the "dreaded" red dot.

I cannot retrain as MC as they are not in their positions.

Does this matter or should I just ignore it? :confused:

You could retrain them it would just take a bit more time. I would not play two players with red dots in central midfield, I would change tactics or sign players that can play the positions. The only other option is to set them to learn MC position and play them there in the mean time but I am not sure how long it would take.

I wouldnt play players out of position too long as it upsets them sometimes. I don't think they will play aswell either, Best to buy players to suit that formation, rather than move them there. Allthough you think it wouldnt turn a green into a red by moving a midfielder forward or back 6 yards.

I wouldnt play players out of position too long as it upsets them sometimes. I don't think they will play aswell either, Best to buy players to suit that formation, rather than move them there. Allthough you think it wouldnt turn a green into a red by moving a midfielder forward or back 6 yards.

Yes, thats what I find annoying!!!

I think I will change to a 442 diamond which allows this, although I still think it should be available as a flat 442

Archived