Interest in my players

I often get serious interest in my key players, so I offer them a new contract, and 99/100 times they accept. Then the interest goes away.

However like 1 week later they come back with their interest. This is reallyyyyy annoying!!!!

A good idea is to try and add a Minimum release clause to a contract that is so high a figure that no club would be able to pay that for 1 player eg - 200m+

then anytime a bid comes in just say you want 200m for him, they will them reply back to say not to worry they wont pay that much so forget it.

It's what I do to keep my best players

A good idea is to try and add a Minimum release clause to a contract that is so high a figure that no club would be able to pay that for 1 player eg - 200m+

then anytime a bid comes in just say you want 200m for him, they will them reply back to say not to worry they wont pay that much so forget it.

It's what I do to keep my best players

I do this, too, but I make the release clause a bit more realistic; in reality, there are only two or three players on most of my teams that are completely unsellable, and for those players I want the release clauses high (100 mill, say). For other players, though, release clauses of 25-50 million represent a substantial profit on my investment, and really serve only as the starting point for negotiations: "You can get him for 50 now, or we can work out a deal where I'll let him go for 25-30." When the player's worth is about 12-15, that's all a good deal.

I should also note that I did this a lot more last year; this year I haven't been at the top long enough to run into this problem.

I've found that it isn't actually an option for most players becasue they negotiate their release clause as well as their salary, if you try and add an unrealistic amount in order to fend off interest they just reject the contract.

I've found that it isn't actually an option for most players becasue they negotiate their release clause as well as their salary, if you try and add an unrealistic amount in order to fend off interest they just reject the contract.

That's true; last season, I was playing in Spain, so every contract needed a minimum release clause and it was easy to just tinker with it. I don't think any of the players paid any attention to it.

Archived