I hate Mike Ashley even more now

I’m currently playing as Newcastle just started my 2nd season.

Chelsea come in with a bid for Lukaku which I stupidly negotiate (I should of rejected) at £40m, Chelsea then come back in with a bid of £21m which my board say is to good to turn down. They accept this bid when there is 2 days left in the transfer window (credit to SI they must of worked with MA very realistic) leaving me in a rush to sign a new striker.

Hopefully the Brazilian my scouts say can be better than Benzema will work out at £8m.

Every cloud...

I think you are probably right there. Had you rejected the bid they wouldn't have immediately come back with a significantly improved offer. They might have made further bids, but you might have been able to reject them before they got big enough so that the chairman took over. The transfer deadline might have saved you.

Can't really complain, especially like you said, where the situation sounds awfully familiar. Good luck in getting a replacement :thup:

I think you are probably right there. Had you rejected the bid they wouldn't have immediately come back with a significantly improved offer. They might have made further bids, but you might have been able to reject them before they got big enough so that the chairman took over. The transfer deadline might have saved you.

Can't really complain, especially like you said, where the situation sounds awfully familiar. Good luck in getting a replacement :thup:

But unproven Carroll was sold for a top ten historical fee. And why would the board allow the 40 mil bid to be rejected but accept the 21 mil bid? If anything, they would have insisted that the original bid be resubmitted, no?

But unproven Carroll was sold for a top ten historical fee. And why would the board allow the 40 mil bid to be rejected but accept the 21 mil bid? If anything, they would have insisted that the original bid be resubmitted, no?

There was no £40m bid though.

I think 40M was what cavo was asking for as a response to an initial bid he didn't specify. That puts things in a different light, yes?

Edit: damn, got ninja'd ;)

I’m currently playing as Newcastle just started my 2nd season.

Chelsea come in with a bid for Lukaku which I stupidly negotiate (I should of rejected) at £40m, Chelsea then come back in with a bid of £21m which my board say is to good to turn down. They accept this bid when there is 2 days left in the transfer window (credit to SI they must of worked with MA very realistic) leaving me in a rush to sign a new striker.

Hopefully the Brazilian my scouts say can be better than Benzema will work out at £8m.

Every cloud...

Cheers! :thup:

x42bn6 - Lukaku's value was approx. £8m before sale.

saulty2805 - Lukaku had only recently signed a new deal, however chelsea are one of his favoured clubs along with drogba as a player.

Replacement is signed in a young Brazillian for £8m which leaves the bank balance £13m better off plus wage bill is down from the start of the season, who no's this could be the best thing to happen as it should keep us in the black this season.

Archived