Weird reasons for choosing a team

I just chose to take over relegation-threatened Sodovik in the Russian First Division, primarily because I liked the bright/lime green colour of their kit.

Has anyone else chosen a team for equally bizarre/sentimental reasons?

I just chose to take over relegation-threatened Sodovik in the Russian First Division, primarily because I liked the bright/lime green colour of their kit.

Has anyone else chosen a team for equally bizarre/sentimental reasons?

Go Ahead Eagles, for the most awesome name in football history. icon_smile.gif

And Pro Vercelli, because of an Italian TV sketch where the Milan manager complains that Pro Vercelli show up all cocky and full of themselves for a friendly. icon_smile.gif

And I'm applying for the job at Hercules in the Dutch 2nd division, also because of the name.

... I've had it listed as "applied" for over a year (in-game) now... and they are still without manager. :-/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

And I'm applying for the job at Hercules in the Dutch 2nd division, also because of the name.

... I've had it listed as "applied" for over a year (in-game) now... and they are still without manager. :-/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a know bug

On a previous FM, I had a short-lived save as manager of Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala after watching a news report about the war in the Russian republic of Dagestan, the capital of which is Makhachkala.

I nearly always choose sides who primarily play in orange or yellow.

If I've got more than one to choose from I then go with the team with the longest name.

Although I have also been known to choose sides because of one good player (anyone remember the insane Gremio side of old?) or because they have a ridiculous stadium (Torpedo Moscow).

VB

barcelona are my european team, but in fm05, fm06 & fm07 i chose real madrid because i felt sorry for them not winning anything icon_confused.gif haven't done so this game, though.

i wanted to manage Wolfburg for their kit/sponsor, FC Copenhagen for their emblem & Fiorentina (Atalanta on fm07) because of Christian Vieri.

Archived