Can you manage national and club team???

I'm managing Liverpool and I've just been offered the England job. Can I manage both teams at the same time..., or would I become full time England manager???

Also if you can manage both teams at the same time, is it worth it, or does it become annoying?

Cheers

Currently Newcastle & Brazil boss.

I've won everything I can with Newcastle so took over Brazil to win some international comps.

After them I'll move on to an European team, then an African team etc etc until I've won all of the damn cups.

Currently Newcastle & Brazil boss.

I've won everything I can with Newcastle so took over Brazil to win some international comps.

After them I'll move on to an European team, then an African team etc etc until I've won all of the damn cups.

Good idea. I suppose it would stop it getting boring. I'm at Argentina at the moment and have won everything, if i get back to back world cups i think i will join England as they always offer me a job

I'm managing Santos and took over the Brazil job in 2018 and won the World Cup, mostly with my own players, which the press didn't seem to like and accused me of being biased towards my own team! :D

If you're managing the nation of your club, it can be quite rewarding, especially when it's a smaller nation like Uruguay which was fun when i was managing Nacional.

Non-European nations can be a hassle though, especially when you've got a 'conflict of interest' with players; do you call them up for the African Cup Of Nations or those South American Qualifers or keep them in your club side for important League games? :D

Used to do it all the time. Annoyed me though, I was Liverpool and England boss, and I'd built a mostly English Liverpool team beforehand, and I hated getting criticised for picking them. They were the best club team in the world, they played together week in week out, why the hell wouldn't I pick them?

I don't know if its better now but the International management was pretty poorly implemented in 09. The biggest problem was that low ranking teams would have insanely good players, I got crucified for drawing 0-0 with Nigeria in the World Cup for England because I was ranked 1 but they were ranked 50+, problem was that player-wise they probably had a better team. Also, I rely on player motivation and, despite being a massively high rep manager, it was a ballache to get any of the little sods motivated.

Having said that, I'll still do it when I've progressed my 11 save far enough

I don't know if its better now but the International management was pretty poorly implemented in 09. The biggest problem was that low ranking teams would have insanely good players, I got crucified for drawing 0-0 with Nigeria in the World Cup for England because I was ranked 1 but they were ranked 50+, problem was that player-wise they probably had a better team. Also, I rely on player motivation and, despite being a massively high rep manager, it was a ballache to get any of the little sods motivated.

Having said that, I'll still do it when I've progressed my 11 save far enough

Look at Montenegero, they are ranked low in 2010, but they have insanely good players and IRL they will beat England i reckon

• 9 months later...

I once managed Arsenal and England at the same time, using England friendlies and qualifiers to test out my young Arsenal players. I think it worked out well for me, giving these kids big game experience.

It's also a good opportunity to play big players from rival clubs, make sure they play the full 90 minutes on a Wednesday night friendly against Bulgaria so they are too tired to have an impact when they play my club team at the weekend!

I tend not to manage both simultaniously because i find it a bit unrealistic, i mean in real life England FA would never allow it and neither would a big club side in Prem. I can understand smaller nations and clubs might accept tho so i see why they have the feature, for example David Platt managed England u21 and Nottm Forest at same time i believe.

I think SI should implement something to make bigger jobs not conflict, like FA requests you leave your current club position to take job or club puts a block on it or something depending on Rep of nation/club combo

I tend not to manage both simultaniously because i find it a bit unrealistic, i mean in real life England FA would never allow it and neither would a big club side in Prem.

Kevin Keegan. Fulham and England for a while before he resigned at Fulham.

Archived