Quick question re: feeder clubs

I just wondered if someone could assist me with a feeder club issue.

If I adopt a feeder club for merchandising benefits should i take on the one which costs the most or the least? I have always taken on the one which costs the most with the notion that it will give the biggest benefit long term. Is this correct?

I look at the club info to see which one has a higher reputation / league. If they are the same I tend to pick the most expensive one as I am assuming they are slightly bigger and will generate more profit for my club.

How you make money from a merchandising feeder has never really been clarified.

On FM10 it was a multiplier applied to any signings you made - so if you never made big signings, a merchandising feeder was a waste of time.

Tours to the country, signing players from said country all now apparently have an effect. No hard facts though.

How you make money from a merchandising feeder has never really been clarified.

On FM10 it was a multiplier applied to any signings you made - so if you never made big signings, a merchandising feeder was a waste of time.

Tours to the country, signing players from said country all now apparently have an effect. No hard facts though.

FM09 that was :D

But yeah as bigdanio has said, as of FM09 (i haven't done any proper research since) there was little or no difference in choosing a merchandise affiliate team that cost £1m or £3m per year.

It's an area that hasn't really seen much work put into it since then, so i'd guess that the way it works is still the same.

Archived