Chairman sells player without consent

This season (2016-2017) the new chairman here at Rangers FC sold my Brazilian left back Pedro Borthello to Corinthians. He was a key first team player and I was shocked to find out he had been sold without my prior consent. Especially after we have just lost our key central defender as well in the summer. Now my defence has been weakened significasntly.

Although it is frustrating it is a realistic aspect of the game as many managers often lose/sign players without their consent due to the chairman.

He was sold for £1.2 million, however, in the previous season we were getting offers up to £2.7 million for him but I refused to sell because he was such a key player.

Financially last season we were £12 milllion in the red, however, no serious financial crisis was echoed.

Just was a shock, finished a pre-season game went to my inbox and found out he had been sold. No news of an offer or anything!! Hope no more of my best players are sold.

If the club is in the red, the Chairman doesn't need your permission to sell, so the best way to avoid this is the be financially strong and the Chairman won't interfere.

It's kind of arbitrary and the fact the OP has had much higher offers previously suggests the game is broken in this respect - clearly, it's not too good to refuse, since there were better ones recently!

Just was a shock, finished a pre-season game went to my inbox and found out he had been sold. No news of an offer or anything!! Hope no more of my best players are sold.

There should have been a message about the bid coming in and the chairman accepting it. It's always gutting to see one of those messages, I dread them every time clubs are bidding for my players.

Ideally I think we could do with the ability to give the board an ultimatum, either reject the bid or I quit. No doubt that the chairman would come out on top more often than not but I'd have definitely tried it out at my last club (instead of just resigning).

I'm at the start of June and I've just been promoted to the prem but my board have had to pay £3.1m for a stadium expansion to fulfil the league regulations. This has landed me in the red. Does my board acknowledge that I'll be getting TV money soon or will they just see that I'm now in the red and look to offload assets if clubs come in for them?

If it's the latter, it could be an interesting couple of weeks.

Archived