Difficulty expanding stadium

Into my 6th season as Rangers manager and every season I request to the board that the stadium should be expanded. We near enough sell-out every home game in the league and Europe. 90% of the time attendances are 47,000+ in a stadium of 51,000.

However the board always refuses my request to expand. Does anyone else have similar problems, is there anything I can do to persuade them.

I've made 3 consecutive CL finals and won two of them, and we've got a 22,000 seater. It seems we're stuck with it too, because it can't be expanded any further and they just don't care about me begging for a new stadium. I guess we have to be patient.

Into my 6th season as Rangers manager and every season I request to the board that the stadium should be expanded. We near enough sell-out every home game in the league and Europe. 90% of the time attendances are 47,000+ in a stadium of 51,000.

However the board always refuses my request to expand. Does anyone else have similar problems, is there anything I can do to persuade them.

I had that with Hibs. Our average attendance was 20,000. I'm guessing the rest of the seats were away fans. We also sold out 6 home league games a season, had won multiple trophies, and had £16m. Rejected always because of lack of financial gain or not enough interest.

The not enough interest could be because you're running at the very top of the expected crowd figure. I know in real life if you're club is suddenly and consistently jamming in an extra 10k people for every match, the board would at least consider (i.e. look into the finances/planning of) a new stadium. But I'm guessing that the AI board will know that you're at the max expected crowd figure and won't show interest until that changes, as I believe it does.

The fact that a club from a little town can never be good because the game has set its maximum attendance to a given figure ruins much of the fun of the game for those of us who build clubs and not careers. I know that a town of 50 000 can't have 100 000 watch its matches at home, if we speak realism, but I don't think I would care about that since this is a game. If you win everything with Port Vale every year for a decade, I am sure that the club would have been the club to go to in the Greater Stoke area, and so any limit set for the L2 club would be silly.

Archived