Team in debt!

I have taken over stoke city who are in the prem, and they're paying out wages they can't afford. I sold the top earners which couldn't make the first team and still in debt. Shall i sell key players to get them out or hope league and cup fees are high?

Wait till you are forced to sell IMO.

Most probably this if you want it the easy way...

Me personally, as a business minded guy, i like to make the club as profitable as i can, along with successful. Therefore, in your situation, i would completely reshape by getting rid of all the top earners regardless of their team status, and rebuild through youth as i'm confident in my tactical ability to keep them up.

For example, in my current save, i am Southampton and £30m in the red finishing around 5th/6th/7th in the Premiership.

Most probably this if you want it the easy way...

Me personally, as a business minded guy, i like to make the club as profitable as i can, along with successful. Therefore, in your situation, i would completely reshape by getting rid of all the top earners regardless of their team status, and rebuild through youth as i'm confident in my tactical ability to keep them up.

For example, in my current save, i am Southampton and £30m in the red finishing around 5th/6th/7th in the Premiership.

Doesn't Southampton have a proper Sugar Daddy now? He will pay off any dept every june yes?

Well, finishing high is a good source of revenue. I personally don't feel you can fix it over-night, I'd try to keep your best players and finish high, but gradually phase out the highest earners (or negotiate them down in pay if possible) in favour of bringing in talented youngsters on the cheap (or free transfers - assuming their wage demands are a lot lower and they're talented).

Still, I'd try to bring in a replacement in advance of getting rid of a key player and try to keep the quality high. I don't think you should panic.

Doesn't Southampton have a proper Sugar Daddy now? He will pay off any dept every june yes?

I wouldn't know! He has never pumped any money in to the club and has never paid of any debt...(never been in the red since i started the save) and i'm making shareholders £7m+ to share between them each season!

The fact there is shareholder dividends makes me believe that there isn't a sugar daddy...i could be mistaken though!

Archived