Concern Re: FMH08

Hi

Got the game early too, long story, Tuesday for me!

So I have begun save games with Aston Villa, Milan, Fiorentina Rangers and Ajax.

Now... something is bothering me. I have not been able to sell a single player!

When you take over a team, you always list some players. However I haven not had a single bid in any of these games.

This has been the case with many fringe players across all clubs but some first teamers I don't like enough to keep.

Ok. maybe the footballing world doesn't want what I have got. So... I tested something. In my Milan game I listed Gattuso, Kaka, Gilardino, Nesta, many top stars, just to test.

Few bids come in at all. But when they do, I go as far as accepting the bid but don't hear back and the bid fizzles out, I can't revive it or speed it up and then it is gone.

Ive even offered Kaka on a free. Nobody is willing to complete the transfer.

I have done a season with Villa and also Ajax. The players with contracts expiring in 08 is very tasty!

So I am in my 3rd transfer window on both. I have not been able to sell a single player.

I have even read the instructions. No further prompts.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? I'm an FM Veteran from the Amiga versions, this is not my first game.

It will affect my play as when the novelty of these big clubs is over... my main playing of FM sees me concentrate only on lower league teams, taking them to success in Champions League etc.

Along the way I like to wheeler-deal in the transfer market, uncover gems, keep some, sell some. As in, using players as commodities to profit from. Now... if I can't sell, I can't earn.

So far, for me... I can't take risks on signing players that are risky as if it does not pay off I can't sell them to recoup the fee, I'm just stuck with them.

It's a great game and I'm not slagging it off. I hope that for some unbeknown reason I'm doing something blatantly obvious wrong. I just hope it is not a bug.

I understand FM is probably running near full usage of space on a UMD. If for the future, space was available and you could program it I'd love to see:

1- affiliate club options

2- 2d pitch of course

3- the Swedish Allsvenskan as a pickable league please oh and manageable nation too.

Thanks guys.

Birger.

Hi

Got the game early too, long story, Tuesday for me!

So I have begun save games with Aston Villa, Milan, Fiorentina Rangers and Ajax.

Now... something is bothering me. I have not been able to sell a single player!

When you take over a team, you always list some players. However I haven not had a single bid in any of these games.

This has been the case with many fringe players across all clubs but some first teamers I don't like enough to keep.

Ok. maybe the footballing world doesn't want what I have got. So... I tested something. In my Milan game I listed Gattuso, Kaka, Gilardino, Nesta, many top stars, just to test.

Few bids come in at all. But when they do, I go as far as accepting the bid but don't hear back and the bid fizzles out, I can't revive it or speed it up and then it is gone.

Ive even offered Kaka on a free. Nobody is willing to complete the transfer.

I have done a season with Villa and also Ajax. The players with contracts expiring in 08 is very tasty!

So I am in my 3rd transfer window on both. I have not been able to sell a single player.

I have even read the instructions. No further prompts.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? I'm an FM Veteran from the Amiga versions, this is not my first game.

It will affect my play as when the novelty of these big clubs is over... my main playing of FM sees me concentrate only on lower league teams, taking them to success in Champions League etc.

Along the way I like to wheeler-deal in the transfer market, uncover gems, keep some, sell some. As in, using players as commodities to profit from. Now... if I can't sell, I can't earn.

So far, for me... I can't take risks on signing players that are risky as if it does not pay off I can't sell them to recoup the fee, I'm just stuck with them.

It's a great game and I'm not slagging it off. I hope that for some unbeknown reason I'm doing something blatantly obvious wrong. I just hope it is not a bug.

I understand FM is probably running near full usage of space on a UMD. If for the future, space was available and you could program it I'd love to see:

1- affiliate club options

2- 2d pitch of course

3- the Swedish Allsvenskan as a pickable league please oh and manageable nation too.

Thanks guys.

Birger.

• SI Staff

Well I don't have the UMD version here (sadly I'll probably get it later than you chaps - part of living in America) ... but running it up in my dev environment and I sold Drogba for £17.25m to Liverpool two days after listing him and everything worked happily.

PS - Thanks for your suggestions with regards to future features, always greatfully recieved and we do take suggestions into consideration when planning future games icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 1- affiliate club options </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think this is a good possible feature as it's in too much depth and wouldn't suit the pick up 'n' play style of the FMH series.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

we do take suggestions into consideration when planning future games icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you do! And thats really awesome icon_biggrin.gif

Hi

Cheers for the replies. And to you Marc Vaughan.

In my free private time, I have been stuck to Fm on PC for weeks and this week accompanied by further distraction, FM on PSP! Which is good for me as it suits me well for daily hotel nights in I have to do as of working away.

As to my original problem. I am going to start a new one off and see what happens.

I still do not understand what was preventing me from completing my transfers. Am concerned if this is reptitive pattern in the game I'm about to start.

Earlier I deleted all my save games and started one with Milan. I listed Kaka etc, got bids and managed to sell him, only as a test of course!

So yes it works. However, is it the case then that say at Aston Villa I had 3rd choice keeper Taylor listed, offered out for £0. Likewise Harewood (naturally) and a few other fringe players.

Some of whom, would definitely walk into certain Premiership or Championship teams. In that game (now deleted), I was unable to sell players for a whole season. At end of season 1, i was offering Reo Coker out through all type of values down to one million Pounds.

Reo Coker is over rated, but a million for him people would buy for sure.

Hopefully this magically fixes itself. Is anybody else having difficulty with this? seeming not.

If everything was in order, I fancy starting one off with my FM soft spot team Peterborough. I obviously need the ability to earn from player sales to aid club growth.

Here goes. Otherwise, SI... thanks for a great game again. I give you two monies for two games every year and you dont disappoint.

Hi

It seemes to have sorted itself out I hope. I'm keeping the listed players situated in with the first team until i am succesful to ship them out, just in case. It has worked with Milan, I'll now restart Villa.

Cheers anyway, hopefuly end of thread! For all. Happy playing.

Birger

I just had a scare, got about 2 months into the game and went to save...got half way down the saving process bar, then the screen went blank, crash and the psp turned off. icon_eek.gif

Started again, but seems to be saving OK now, but just worried it doesnt do it again in the future

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On my Man Utd I put all the players that I loaned out in my reserves. But beware becasue they can still play against you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i realised this when i was juventus on fmh07, one of my own players knocked me out of semi final in the italian cup icon_frown.gif

Since this seems to be the bugs thread. I've seen a few weird things in international football in the first season.

Liechtenstein -1 Sweden 0 - so who won that one!!! :-)

Andorra 5 Croatia 0 plus Andorra won 5 of their Euro champs qualifying games and finished third in the group behind Croatia and England!!! In reality they finished bottom of the group with no points.

San Marino managed to get 11 points in their group. In reality got 0 points.

The other minnows generally did close to what they did in real life.

Archived