£60,000,000 Bids rejected all the time

What are you meant to do when teams keep rejecting £60m bids? I understand that they wud reject this amount for Messi, Ronaldo etc but in the game wot are you meant to do ? What is the point in the £60m cap anyway?? Its annoying when you have money to spend to improve the squad but you cant buy better players :(:thdn:

• SI Staff

I'll look at raising the cap somewhat for a future update - HOWEVER do be aware that there will be some teams and players who simply aren't interested in selling and don't need to* .....

*Admittedly there aren't many of these teams .... but.

• SI Staff
I would like to ask why i always have to buy players for much more money than their value, but i sell my players for under their value.

A players 'real value' (ie. what he sells for) is generally dependant on whether the owning team WANT to sell him or not.

If you're off-loading a player then chances are he's surplus to your requirements and as such not looking 'as attractive' a player as he might be. You'll maximise sale value and sell for over the sale value when a team is trying to purchase a player from you whom you don't want to sell - hence they'll offer over the odds to try and obtain him, this is especially the case if several teams have an interest in a player.

Whether this 'matters' to you as a manager depends on whether you're trying to stay profitable or merely successful obviously ...

If you want to stay profitable then there are some 'tricks' you can try to improve (ie. lower) purchase prices:

* Approach when a player is unhappy

* If the player is happy then low ball and offer and see if you it makes him unhappy if the club rejects it (ie. can you persuade the club that they can't expect him to stay and so should let him leave).

* Approach players in their final year of contract (ie. when the club is aware you might wait them out and buy the player via. the bosman route if they mess around).

All of these can help maximise how far your transfer budget will stretch ...

( PSP )

I have never had a £60m bid rejected. I have got my targets for maximum of £55m every time. I think the £60m limit is kind of stupid seems as the current real world transfer record is £80m.

* Wipes Tear *

I think the game needs work regarding player prices, AI managers signing players and stuff like that.

I am noticing after 4 seasons the " top " clubs have signed enough poor players winning the league title even in the most difficult leagues is just a matter of putting a few decent players together.

Archived