Favoured personnel...who loves ya, baby?

One of those minor annoyances that get to you the longer you play:

Player X has been a solid member of my club. I regularly talk him up when the media fawns over his performances and will single him out during team talks if his play warrants it (say, a win for the club by less than 3 goals gets a "well done" for all, but any player with a 8.0+ gets a "fantastic") and I'm never listed on his liked/favoured personnel...BUT the moment another coach (even from teams with a lower rep than mine) praises him he'll show up on the list. What gives? 90% of the time the coach never even makes a move for the player, and yet there they are...best friends forever!

I am listed as Favourite Personnel by my Assistant Manager (not sure why, cus I hate him), and by Scott McDonald (who I have just sold to St. Ettiene as he wasn't upto standard for me). I don't remember praising either a lot or anything like that, so I'm not sure WHY I am listed.

Sometimes people just find that they go well together. You don't necessarily have to go around and praise them for that to happen. As for the original issue, chances are that the player already liked the coach that made the remark, but not strongly enough for it to appear as a favourite.

had this excactly same "problem".

I had a player (DMC, a regen called Jamie Hall) who I brought through the academy at Hammers and he went on and played 100 league caps for Hammers in 3,5 season, after that I mover to Inter and took him with me the next summer. I made him the Inter captain and he playd over a 100 caps as a captain for my team winning 2 scudettos and 3 Italian cups.

Always praised him, always loved him, he was a perfect player, yet he still didn' list me as his favourite personnel. Still he listed AC Milan Manager in his list, but not me. :(

While I don't generally have the problem getting on my player's favoured personnel list, it does bug me how other managers can praise your players and then become their best friend. I've brought it up in the 'Other Issues' forum, as I have said before, it's like when Fabio Capello said Gareth Bale is one of the best players currently in the EPL, doesn't mean Capello then becomes Bale's best friend!

Archived