Scouting question

I have just restaffed my scouting network with scouts which as far as I can tell have similar attributes (i.e. JPA & JPP ~ 14 with National reputations). When I use them to scout say 20 players each they all return the scout reports 4 at a time - except for one of my scouts who only seems to be able to return the reports at a rate of 3 at a time. Is there any way of telling how frequently the scouts will return reports before you sign them?

I sign my scouts based on determination and certainly get a lot more reports back than you are.

I've never really tested my theory, though.

I have a scout with a determination rating of 3 yet he still returns 5 reports at a time, so I doubt it is that.

I've tried to find out, but I've got very similar looking scouts returning different numbers of reports.

I've tried it out with my scouts and the only conclusion I can come to is that it might be linked to 'tactical knowledge'. It seems that the scouts with less than 10 brought back four reports, those with greater than ten brought back five.

All my scouts have similar JPA/JPP so this could also be linked to it, it could also be the reason tactical knowledge is the only thing that stands out for me.

I'm fairly sure that reputation and the other mental/coaching attributes don't come in to it, although I could be wrong.

Seems the scouts who brought back five reports for me all had JPA+JPP+TK > 45. Is this true for anyone else?

I have a scout with a determination rating of 3 yet he still returns 5 reports at a time, so I doubt it is that.

I've tried to find out, but I've got very similar looking scouts returning different numbers of reports.

Fair enough.

Is it to do with the scouts at all? What about the club's scouting knowledge?

I have exceptional central Europe & eastern Europe and very broad for World from associated clubs and foreign staff.

Fair enough.

Is it to do with the scouts at all? What about the club's scouting knowledge?

I have exceptional central Europe & eastern Europe and very broad for World from associated clubs and foreign staff.

Scouting knowledge i think is more related to how many players you know in that region, more connected to the player search thing, if you have a very good knowledge of European players then more of them will show in your player search, but i dont think that is connected to how many reports your scouts come back with during a scouting trip, i think that is more tied into their stats.

The more that I look at this the less sense it makes. Comparing the following two scouts:

Scout A

National reputation

Adaptability 8

Determination 6

Judging Player Ability 14

Judging Player Ability 13

Level of Discipline 14

Motivating 6

Physiotherapy 2

Tactical Knowledge 7

Scout B

National reputation

Adaptability 17

Determination 14

Judging Player Ability 16

Judging Player Ability 16

Level of Discipline 15

Motivating 10

Physiotherapy 2

Tactical Knowledge 7

Scout B is clearly better than Scout A but only returns 3 reports at a time compared to Scout A's 4!!!

What do you mean when you say "He only comes back with 3 reports?"

Are you scouting countries? regions? or asking them to scout individual players? I'll presume players from the way you've described it.

Might be something to do with his scouting knowledge of the country the player is in or the amount of travelling if you are asking him to scout players in different countries. Could also have something to do with the fixture list of the countries - he can't scout a player if the player hasn't played a match.

FWIW When I assign a scout to look over a bunch of players they usually come back with five reports at a time, occasionally four. I don't think I've ever seen three if he still has work to do.

I'd always though this was to do with the location of the players you asked them to scout - for example if you ask a scout to scout 20 players all based in England, he will return with reports quicker than if you asked him to scout 20 players who are scattered around Europe.

Probably nothing to do with it really though..

Scouting individual players asking for "report only". For example, if I send both scouts off to scout 20 players then Scout A returns the reports 4 at a time whereas Scout B returns the reports 3 at a time, thus taking a third longer! The leagues that the players are in has no bearing on this whatsoever nor does whether or not they have played a match.

Archived