Android Version - Will there ever be one?

There are now a ton of android phones out there sporting fast processors and graphics cards and what not. But not one decent Football Manager game except the web based ones.

Any chance we'll see FM12 on Android? :)

I have no idea if this has any part in the reason for not having an Android version of FMH, but one problem in general which makes developing apps for Android more complicated than for iPhone, is that on the Android there are so many differently specced phones with for example different amounts of RAM and different screen resolutions.

With RAM it's not that difficult, you just develop for the device with the lowest amount of RAM that you will support, however I remember Mike writing that there is for example no version for the iPhone 4 "retina" display because FMHi is developed for one specific screen resolution.

Again though, I don't want to suggest that this is why there's no Android version of FMH, just stating that these are some of the common complications when developing Android apps.

The solution is simple - drop the PSP and take up Android!

It isn't that simple not only does the Andriod have no base where as the PSP does, lots of different specifications and resolutions but it is also a different code base compared to the PSP/iOS which is the same. It would take a lot more work than the PSP game.

I have no idea if this has any part in the reason for not having an Android version of FMH, but one problem in general which makes developing apps for Android more complicated than for iPhone, is that on the Android there are so many differently specced phones with for example different amounts of RAM and different screen resolutions.

With RAM it's not that difficult, you just develop for the device with the lowest amount of RAM that you will support, however I remember Mike writing that there is for example no version for the iPhone 4 "retina" display because FMHi is developed for one specific screen resolution.

Again though, I don't want to suggest that this is why there's no Android version of FMH, just stating that these are some of the common complications when developing Android apps.

What you say makes a lot of sense, but there are many many games for Android which are just as or even more complicated than FM. Sims 3 for example or Assassins Creed. Granted those are made by dedicated handheld developers though. But I would love an Android version of FM, would make those long boring meetings much more fun :D

You want FM, get a PSP or an iPhone it's as simple as that. Stop fussing over an Android version as there won't be one for a while.

Android games are coded using Java where as iPhone and PSP are games coded using C++

But the 2010 version was out for HTC !_!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFQx9Rqc8ZAnCgmKGamulotpQ9YavK8DK_EGuFmqicWRihRP5LIg&t=1

Archived