Why can I only apply for certain national jobs?

I've found a couple of threads on the same topic, but no answers are provided: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/247986-National-jobs http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245640-Why-are-so-many-international-jobs-unavailable

Recently in my game (large database, quite a few leagues loaded), a few big nations such as the Ivory Coast and Algeria have sacked their managers. I've applied and unsurprisingly been rejected - it was more of a punt than anything else, since I'm only managing in division 2 in Scotland.

When more realistic options like Turkmenistan, Cyprus etc come up, there is no option to apply for the job.

Has it always been that way? Why is there a restriction on certain nations? Is it related to national rankings or preventing management of grey teams?

Are these nations listed in the "Job Security" section or are they just mentioned in news items? Only jobs visible under "Job Security" are available to be managed by a human player, the rest are mentioned in news items, but there aren't enough players loaded for a human manager to control them and the teams are usually full of greys.

It is because of the number of players from these nations loaded. There won't be enough active players from Cyprus or Turkmenistan etc in the database.

If you want more of the lower nations to manage then you need to load a wider variety of players at the beginning of the game. If there was a specific nation I would suggest "Load all Players of ???? Nationality", but if you just want a wider range of nations available then probably the best option would be "Load all current International Players from..." And load all of the continents, of course this will make a very large database and could be quite slow if you don't have a top end PC...

Why bother.

you hadnt posted your reply when i started mine as i minimized firefox to play some FM before pressing post, so when i posted mine there was no replies, seems a be redundant that theres three replies saying exactly the same thing lol

Thanks all :)

I figured that was the reason, but wasn't sure. All of the teams had no more than 4 or 5 proper players, so it's not a huge surprise. It's a not a big enough problem to warrant me increasing the size of the database beyond large, but interesting all the same.

Archived