22 goals from corners

Just over 25% of my league goals scored in the season I just finished came from corners (22 out of 83). My two centre backs, Djourou and Vermaelen, scored 10 and 8 goals, respectively. I feel like the my tactic was taking advantage of this 'corner cheat' i have read about on here, but I didn't actually change any of my set piece settings when I created the tactic. I used the 'Create Tactic' wizard but that's it, I didn't use the set piece wizard.

Has anyone else had so many of their goals scored via corners?

I am using patch 11.3

My corner tactic isn't taking advantage of anything. I just cram a lot of players into the box and aim for the far post. Normally, my Centre Backs score from 5-10 goals per season directly from corners, but have as many or more assists which are all also from corners. I have my most lethal striker challenging the keeper, and often it is he who scores when my big guy heads on goal. Sometimes the Far Post CB heads to other players who either assists or score too - and there are at least 10 own goals coming out of all this which I don't really know who assisted.

All in all, 20% of goals from corners doesn't seem very far off in my corner tactic. This First Post "corner cheat" I read about I have seen once and it seems the main CB are one of the top goalscorers for the club when you set them up like that. 20 goals per season or more. I don't know if he assist goals though, I think most of them are directly from corner not melee in front of goal.

it's clear what needs to be done, I just wish people didn't take advantage of the ME corner cheat and then come on here complaining about scoring too many goals from corners. It's like robbing from a bank and complaining you have too much money

SI admit they still haven't got corners balanced even after 3 patches. I think the main problem is setting someone to challenge the keeper. i deliberately keep my attacking corner settings on default, which is actually a pretty good set-up except that no one is on Challenge GK. I'm joint top of goals scored from corners in my league with a realistic number, not insane. My DCs get a fair proportion but not so much from headers; more from scrappy knock-downs. I suggest you just use the default settings.

it's clear what needs to be done, I just wish people didn't take advantage of the ME corner cheat and then come on here complaining about scoring too many goals from corners. It's like robbing from a bank and complaining you have too much money

It's more like going to the bank, withdrawing £10, and getting £20 back instead. Yes it's nice, but everyone is affected (including the computer). Users should not need to actively go out of their way to avoid bugs, especially since the OP hasn't really touched anything!

I just wish people didn't take advantage of the ME corner cheat and then come on here complaining about scoring too many goals from corners. It's like robbing from a bank and complaining you have too much money

People aren't taking advantage of a corner exploit we've been getting loads of goals on the default settings. I've had the younger Burdisso brother getting about 6-8 a season with the odd 11 goal season nearly every year in my Roma save without touching any corner settings.

In my Crawley game, the amount of goals from corners I've scored is insane. My centre backs (John Dunleavy and Joel Ward) have 17 between them and I still haven't completed my first season! And no, I haven't changed the corner settings whatsoever, only the corner taker.

My CB scored 25 goals in one season I had corners set to mixed and no matter which post he attacked he was lethal, out of the 25 I would say 10 were from free kicks, 10 from heading a corner directly in and 5 from knock downs and scrambled goals.

I've only had one defender score 13 in the first season mostly corners but since thne havnt had any above 4 or 5 since that season. The wierd thing is that 13 goals defender was gavin gunning, who i've had on a previous lower league save on fm10 and he scored loads then aswell, the wierd part being his stats for jumping and heading aren't good stats.

Just over 25% of my league goals scored in the season I just finished came from corners (22 out of 83). My two centre backs, Djourou and Vermaelen, scored 10 and 8 goals, respectively. I feel like the my tactic was taking advantage of this 'corner cheat' i have read about on here, but I didn't actually change any of my set piece settings when I created the tactic. I used the 'Create Tactic' wizard but that's it, I didn't use the set piece wizard.

Has anyone else had so many of their goals scored via corners?

I am using patch 11.3

I was experimenting something else in the 11.3 patch that required me to go on holiday - my 18 year old centre-back had scored 12 goals before I returned in December - that's on the default tactics and settings.

Archived