FM'ers Anonymous?

I find that drinking heavily and taking drugs is a great way to forget that I lead a sad life...

or maybe it's because I drink heavily and take drugs that I lead a sad life?

hmm... now there's a conundrum...

you say potato and I say spud kinda thing...

:p

you cant stop tho, once you get in the mood for FM nothing breaks it, ive found myself going to bed at half 3 in the morning when i start work at 7 just so i can get passed the next transfer window and secure the two free signings i have lined up, only to send one on loan after 1 week at the club. Fm is an obsession when it gets its grips into you!!

Does anyone know of any FM related counselling?

I need it as this game is taking over my bloody life...

Again.

This is a good place to start. Stand up, introduce yourself and tell us your story. Perhaps others will then tell their stories and get through this together.

Okay we can all help each other

*loads up fm in the background while typing*

we can unite and help battle through this addiction

*game loaded...*

on the other hand... i got things to do, so i'll be back later

*finishes typing, closes internet, maximizes FM2011... PLAYS*

How many of you have got fm loaded up while your writing on this forum ?

Not me, I'm at work. Wishing I was at home playing FM...

Anyway, here's my bit for the group therapy session:

Hi everyone, my avatar is Kenco and I'm an FMaholic. My story starts back in the days of CM99/00. I still lived with my parents and didn't have a car, so I would catch a bus into town to visit a workmate every Saturday for a session on FIFA and other PlayStation games. One day he suggested we try Championship Manager as an alternative to FIFA. I had heard of this, but never played since I had never owned a PC (not uncommon back in those days). I was slightly sceptical of his radical idea of playing the same game for an entire weekend, but 2 days, several pizzas and about a million cups of coffee later and I was hooked.

The rest, as they say, is history.

my name is milnerpoint, i have been an FMaholic for 10 years now, started off small in friends bedrooms, just messing around playing different leagues and one thing led to another, before i knew it i was hooked, bought every version since and even bought new computers when my old one couldnt handle the new version at an acceptable speed. Ive burnt out a laptop and worn down several computers all for this game. I'm so addicted i have turned into what they call a "fanboy" and i cant let anyone say a bad word about the game or people who make it ;) Sleep is my only escape from the FM world, so i try to keep it to a minimum.

My name is Laz and I am a God! You may all worship at my feet (unless you're a L**ds fan, the toilet needs cleaning again and we're out of toothbrushes, use your tongues.. :D)

owait..

I mean, Hi, my name is Lazarus and I am an FMaddict (and even that is false nowadays :( I don't have time to be addicted any more). I last saved the game on the 30th March but I've only managed to play 13 matches since.. hoping to play 14 and 15 tonight so I can save, exit, install Windows/AV/other software updates, reboot, reload, and hopefully clear the ME stuttering bug. :)

Archived