Greetings Managers!

So I recently decided to invest in an ipad 2 and will undoubtedly be getting FMH 2011.

I hear its a stripped down version of FM with the match engine basically being the highlights 2D view.

I am fine with all this but I am trying to find a comparison so I know whats been sacrificed.

Can I compare it to say, FM2008 maybe or is FM2008 still way more complex?

Help guys!

oooh pizza!

No worries! Is there like in depth tactics at least? How about press conferences or player-manager interaction?

There's a lack of information on FMH IMO. I would love to know all the features and whats been stripped (especially on the Ipad)

On iOS you cannot make tactics but you can select team instructions which is basic and player types e.g. a MC as a deep lying midfeidler. Press conferences - No. Player Manager interactions - yes but it is praising or scolding a player in or away from the public eye.

There is no iPad specific version. FMH on iDevices are very similar to the PSP versions. There isnt press conferences or manager interaction at present i'm afraid but there is basic player interaction. You get a choice of different formations with basic team instructions etc. It goes quite in depth with the players though with there information and history etc.

Youth leagues no, scouts yes but not very good unless you want to get a 2nd opinion. Engine is highlights.

If I was you, I would buy FMH but only expect a basic version of FM. That doesn't do it justice but I wouldn't want you to have such high expectations of the game and then be disappointed. I really enjoy FMH because its FM on the go. It is quite in depth but obviously not as in depth as normal FM. The only versions I play of FM are FMH and FML.

FMH is great when the girlfriend is watching Eastenders :D

Normal FM doesn't do it for me anymore.

• SI Staff

FMH isn't 'intended' to be FM PC - simple as that, I've designed the game to be more 'pick up and play' and far faster when going through seasons, while still feeling realistic and fun.

My opinion is obviously rather biased - but I'm in the 8th season of my current Brighton game and finally in Europe* and I love it :D

*Don't laugh you at the back - yeah its taken me a while to get our act together ... but we DID eventually :D

I think I am beginning to get th gist of FMH.

Yesterday I was playing the PC version and boy did it take long, its like I couldn't sit through a match because I was so tired.

And I thought it would be great if things were a little "quicker".

I heard that there will be a new patch that will extend the match engine to more than just highlights though?

Has it been released yet?

I am assuming the UEFA/Champions league is in?

Also can I be elected a coach of a country? And take it to the world cup qualifiers and the world cup?

Sorry for all the questions but this is a great community and I know I can count on you folks!

Match engine extension - Not true.

CL - Yes of course but they aren't licensed names yet are pretty obvious "Champions Cup" like in FM.

Country - Yes about 10 depending on different leagues but you need to do it first in a career before you can start or download from FMHVibe.co.uk which is the biggest FMH fansite ;).

• SI Staff
I heard that there will be a new patch that will extend the match engine to more than just highlights though?

Not sure where you heard this - but no thats not going to happen, please let the people who said that know if possible.

Has it been released yet?

Yes, this seasons version has been out since December - the current update contains both 'start of season' and 'january' transfer data (updates to the game with improvements/tweaks come out sporadically - all being well there should be a new one out shortly).

I am assuming the UEFA/Champions league is in?

Yes.

Also can I be elected a coach of a country? And take it to the world cup qualifiers and the world cup?

Yes (and yes you can coach a club and country at the same time).

Archived