Is this lad good enough for a top top side?

Best place to ask would be here... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231684-FM11-Official-Rate-My-Regen-Thread/page6

He looks good, but I've definitely seen better. He is only right footed, and his high passing and technique is somewhat spoilt by his low creativity and awful flair. He wouldn't be a great anchorman due to low marking and average tackling. That said, he probably has the potential to become a good player, and he obviously has very good physicals.

He would work fine in my tactic, if he improved in tackling and positioning (which I believe he likely would), since my two defensive midfielders does not need much creativity, and marking is zonal. His physique would be worth it alone - but that being said, it all depends on how amazing your squad is!

Personally I would say no.

Pace is important in other positions but midfield is the place you can don't need it.

Lacks flair/creativity to be an attacking midfielder while lacks tackling to be a defensive one.

Overall he seems to be jack of both trades, master of none.

He could be a decent squad player but I don't think he has enough to be a first choice.

Personally I would say no.

Pace is important in other positions but midfield is the place you can don't need it.

Lacks flair/creativity to be an attacking midfielder while lacks tackling to be a defensive one.

Overall he seems to be jack of both trades, master of none.

He could be a decent squad player but I don't think he has enough to be a first choice.

This. He reminds me a lot of Jermaine Jenas in this way.

Not good enough :thdn:

Firstly,his overall attributes are too low for an absolute top end side. He's still quite young, so he could still develop, but he really should.

Secondly, his attributes do not match the criteria for any specific midfield role. For a defensive outlook he lacks marking and teamwork and for an offensive one, his flair and creativity are abysmal. This I'm afraid you'd never get ironed out by training.

Not ATM. He lacks Marking, Tackling, Team Work for MCd or DM. He could use a bit increase in Positioning, Strength, Anticipation and Concentration. He is good now and could be very good, but not top player.

I say give him chance until he is 24 and then see how he developed and decide to keep him or not.

i agree he wont be a world beater but with the stats he has id use a full-back role for him as i can see it working his tackling is important but i always found not as important at FB/WB and you could increase the tackling enough to be good as a full back

Wow...

Another case of "absurd newgen model", probably the most brilliantly awful since the "striker who can't score" one.

Seriously, no youth team coach with an ounce of competence would have trained this guy into a DMC/CM... no way... Any academy at decent level would have retrained him as wide player...

He isn't driven enough to be a new Gattuso, he lacks creativity so he can't be a new Pirlo/Seedorf... he's nor fish nor fowl, a walking (more like running...) contradiction with positive and negative traits that should actually be more linked together...

He has high Determination, but sub-par Teamwork, worldclass Technique but average First Touch, high Aggression/Bravery but terrible Tackling/Marking...

I don't get how such huge differences are possible... I mean, if you have brilliant technique there's no way you're banana-footed when it comes to trap a ball. And if you're brave and aggressive but don't care about the teammates, what are you pressing and tackling for? Just because it's fun?!

I really really hope SI will take a serious look to those improbable newgens, so next year we can finally stop worrying about terrible newgen models such as the "right arrow DM/CM", the "dick striker", the "soupbowl forward"...

Wow...

Another case of "absurd newgen model", probably the most brilliantly awful since the "striker who can't score" one.

Yeah, when I first saw him as a 17 year old, I thought I was onto a winner. I didn't look at his stats in too much detail. I just YES, he is quick and he can pass. We'll take that.

Now he has come all lopsided. DR does look like the best idea though. Might just try and convert him. Although I have another regen DR who is younger and already better.

by 24 that guy will be a world beater.

forget perfect attributes for positions - how does he play?

and if you know his PA, why do you need to ask if he's good enough?

yeah to be honest your right with what you say, looking at him again he is young enough and good enough to slot into centre mid, like you say if he plays well then the stats dont really matter that much.

by 24 that guy will be a world beater.

forget perfect attributes for positions - how does he play?

and if you know his PA, why do you need to ask if he's good enough?

I completely agree. If my coaches rate a player and he does well on the pitch then I don't really look at his attributes.

Wow...

Seriously, no youth team coach with an ounce of competence would have trained this guy into a DMC/CM... no way... Any academy at decent level would have retrained him as wide player...

He isn't driven enough to be a new Gattuso, he lacks creativity so he can't be a new Pirlo/Seedorf... he's nor fish nor fowl, a walking (more like running...) contradiction with positive and negative traits that should actually be more linked together...

He has high Determination, but sub-par Teamwork, worldclass Technique but average First Touch, high Aggression/Bravery but terrible Tackling/Marking...

I don't get how such huge differences are possible... I mean, if you have brilliant technique there's no way you're banana-footed when it comes to trap a ball. And if you're brave and aggressive but don't care about the teammates, what are you pressing and tackling for? Just because it's fun?!

I really really hope SI will take a serious look to those improbable newgens, so next year we can finally stop worrying about terrible newgen models such as the "right arrow DM/CM", the "dick striker", the "soupbowl forward"...

Made me chuckle lol

It all depends on how you use those last 30 CA points

I am no attributes expert, but I would say that if you can raise is tackling and anticipation he can be a hell of a ball wining midfielder. Great physical presence, quick, determined, brave. Although he is very limited when with the ball so he must win it and have a simple clear passing option or he will most likely lose it again.

GThe only thing I Would be wary about is his one footedness, and his reliance on his right foot, because of that the weighting might appear to favour him, statswise. it will be best to compare with a player in a same position

IMO definitely not going to make it at a top team. As stated by others earlier he doesn't fit any role. 30 more points of CA might make him decent but it won't make him great - he just has too many weaknesses and it's impossible to funnel all the CA left to specific stats. No guarantee he'll max out his PA either. If you're a top team with decent money you can easily find a better player. 160 CA players with poor stat distribution can't cut it at a top team. 180 CA with bad stat distribution OR 160 CA with good stat distribution, sure.

I suggest loaning him out for a couple more years and sell on for a profit.

I think he would be a good complement to a "hard" defensive midfielder, the sort that can win the ball just ahead and distribute it to feet of one of the nearby attacking players (David Batty springs to mind). Not a man marker and definitely not a player to fit into 4-4-2 as an anchor man for example but in a 4-2-3-1, I think he would do well. I'd have him.

This might be a bit far fetched, but I would try to retrain him as a winger. If you manage to improve his crossing he could be lethal in a tactic with a midfielder giving through passes to him. His pace would make him very hard to stop for any fullback, especially if you play a counterattacking style. I currently have a young striker in my Ajax side that I am retraining as a winger because his finishing and composure suck but he has great pace and acceleration. As a winger he constantly outpaces defenders and gets set up by throughballs from my midfield players.

Just noticed he's also great at heading, could make him even more dangerous if he cuts inside on crosses from the opposite wing on counter attacks.

Archived