OMG! Please Help Me SI ..

Last night whilst my game was being saved the battery completely died so I didnt go back on the laptop till now and I cant 'load last game'. If I click on load game I can see my file there and when I try opening it says ''not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of last_saved_game.xml''

Is there anything you can possibly do to fix this? Otherwise I've just wasted all them months playing :thdn:

Cant I send the file to the people that work on these forums so they can try and do something to it?

Haha if only! Nah i'm afraid it's dead. You're best using it as an opportunity to try a new challenge. Take on a team you've never been before, you might find that it was a blessing in disguise! Either that or you'll forever mourn the one that got away.

as far as i know they only take a look at saves thqat have corrupted for unknown reasons as it may related to a bug or bigger issue, but yours was just down to flat battery sorry mate i think you need to start again

Haha if only! Nah i'm afraid it's dead. You're best using it as an opportunity to try a new challenge. Take on a team you've never been before, you might find that it was a blessing in disguise! Either that or you'll forever mourn the one that got away.

New challenge?! This challenge was already a perfect one.. I was Bradford City in the year 2016 in the Championship at 14th place. Two more years and I could have been in the Premier League! O well f*ck it, I'll just wait for FM 2012 now.. thanks for the replies everyone.

as far as i know they only take a look at saves thqat have corrupted for unknown reasons as it may related to a bug or bigger issue, but yours was just down to flat battery sorry mate i think you need to start again

So they do look at files? Hopefully they read this and do something.. I'll even pay you(SI) if it can be fixed.. I put so many hours into this file

So they do look at files? Hopefully they read this and do something.. I'll even pay you(SI) if it can be fixed.. I put so many hours into this file

Well, the game overwrites the previous save, so I think there is really nothing they can do about that one. BTW 4 seasons isn't "so many hours" to a FM fan - people have played 20 seasons of FM11.3 already, it seems! I have a 3-file rolling save and autosave every week - and it is worth every extra second this takes. I feel for you, though - I felt sad when my previous computer gave up the ghost (I thought) but I managed to start it up this weekend and copy the save file onto a memstick, downloaded FM10 and voila my 9-seasons-Southampton save was back! Good times :)

If you feel like quitting, do so - after a few weeks or months the desire to play again pops up, trust me ;)

Well, the game overwrites the previous save, so I think there is really nothing they can do about that one. BTW 4 seasons isn't "so many hours" to a FM fan - people have played 20 seasons of FM11.3 already, it seems! I have a 3-file rolling save and autosave every week - and it is worth every extra second this takes. I feel for you, though - I felt sad when my previous computer gave up the ghost (I thought) but I managed to start it up this weekend and copy the save file onto a memstick, downloaded FM10 and voila my 9-seasons-Southampton save was back! Good times :)

If you feel like quitting, do so - after a few weeks or months the desire to play again pops up, trust me ;)

Good reply, thanks.. And how did you manage do get your Southampton file working again?

oh soz im new 2 this still getting use 2 it

dont worry about it :) dont use Text speak either as theres a fair few guys on here who dont have english as their first language

it might not have loaded if the pc was unable to allocate enough resources if it was an old pc, i know ive had it as i got further on with old machines.

surely if you knew your laptop battery was dying you could have hibernated/suspended the laptop until you could stick it on charge before it died completely? You wouldn't have had to save the game at all then as hibernate saves the computers state at the time, running apps/games included...

surely if you knew your laptop battery was dying you could have hibernated/suspended the laptop until you could stick it on charge before it died completely? You wouldn't have had to save the game at all then as hibernate saves the computers state at the time, running apps/games included...

hindsight is a wonderful thing

Archived