Palermo

I don't follow Italian football much, so i'm not too familiar with the real life potential of some of these young players that play in Italy, but i've come to notice, from FM10 and FM11, there's some hella potential at Palermo in the game, for example, Ezequiel Munoz (aged 20), Abel Hernandez (aged 20), Javier Pastore (aged 21), Salvatore Sirgu (aged 24) and Josip Illic (aged 23).

All of these players, in various saves, have gone on to become £20mill + rated players and world conquerers.

My question is basically, for any Serie A buffs, does the in game potential of these players reflect their real life potential? If so, over the next 3-4 years i'll be paying close attention to Palermo....

This season, Palermo have been very poor. Their season has been a merry go round.

They sacked their manager, replaced him, only to bring him back in again a couple of weeks later.

In terms of the players potential, they're accurate in my opinion. Pastore is the special one. It's a known fact that Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Man City are keen on him. He has remained loyal and there are rumours that he rejected Barcelona in order to play week in week out. However it's thought that he may move on this season, with Barcelona and Madrid seemingly keen to take him. Mourinho knows him well and was seen several times at Palermo's games to check up on him.

He seems destined for great things.

Yeah I know about Pastore's touted potential, and I see him often linked with the big teams around Europe, it was more about the others tbh. It's quite unusual for a team such as Palermo's, ie. not a top, top European team, to be able to bring in so many highly regarded youngsters. I think credit is probably down to the scouting staff there eh!

Archived