Recommendation for league setup?

Hey guys,

I haven't really played FM11 since its release due to a busy time this year and such. Finally about to pick it up now, can anyone recommend a league setup for a long term save? (I will probably only end up managing in England but might go to italy or spain).

I know the game has a 'recommended leagues' feature built-in but in my previous experience it has always been a bit dog and I've been able to load far more than it recommends without any issues.

My specs are 2.66ghz core 2 duo and 4gb of ddr3

I want to have decent regens and balance european competition as best as possible with my specs

No matter what the game suggests, I would load all the leagues from Europe, North and South America and South Africa. You can put as many as you want on view only. It will help with the depth and regens generated by the game. I try to set a limit of 100,000 players.

What exactly happens with view only? I mean it doesn't load any extra players so I'm not completely clued up on how it affects regens, could you explain? :) thanks

From my understanding, it gives a better selection of regens then if the leagues arent loaded at all. There are a couple excellent threads out there explaining in great detail how this all works.

Archived