Some say it's cheating....

A few people i know who play football manager say it's "cheating" if you hire a good ass man with good stats and let him do all your team talks, even though i do my own tactics and pick my own team, they say team talk has more of an effect of the result than anything else, so therefore i hire a good ass man and they call me a cheater, i cant get sucess without him they say....lol

who else uses ther ass man ? is it cheating or is it just them being stupid ?

After all, there is so much to be said, and in like 5 min, even a 5 year old kid knows the right answers in the given situations, so no it's not cheating...if it's in the game, it's a part of the game. Unless it's a bug exploit.

Personally i dont consider it cheating the whole point in an ass man is for help feedback and advice so if hes giving the team talks so what? same as sending him to press conferences, we all know some ass mans are sent to the press conferences but whos to say real life managers dont let the ass man deal with team talks?

and if it is cheating who cares? its your game you play it however you want

Next thing you know hiring good scouts and coaches will be cheating, god forbid you sign good players to help you win what blatant cheating! ;)

Hiring a good ass man is perfectly fine, its part of the game and if other people don't know what to look for in a good ass man or if they can't be bothered to go searching for one then thats their problem.

A few people i know who play football manager say it's "cheating" if you hire a good ass man with good stats and let him do all your team talks, even though i do my own tactics and pick my own team, they say team talk has more of an effect of the result than anything else, so therefore i hire a good ass man and they call me a cheater, i cant get sucess without him they say....lol

who else uses ther ass man ? is it cheating or is it just them being stupid ?

If he isn't going to help you with best of his abilities when required why the hell you have him in team.

I don't use my ass. man for team talks, but of course it is not cheating. It's just them trying everything, so you don't don't do well in your save game, so they can claim to be better then you.

Using the assman in the way it's intended by the game can by no means be classified as cheating. That would be ridiculous.

If a manager was to do everything by himself, then there would be no assmans, nor coaches. They are there for a reason...

It also puts you at a disadvantage, if your assistant takes the press conferences he gets all the relationship gains with players wheras you get none. So he'll be in "favoured personell" instead of you, which can make contract negotiations harder potentially and put you at a disadvantage over just handling the conferences yourself.

So basically, it's definitely not cheating, if anything, it makes the game harder to not do them yourself.

Of course it's not cheating, i'm sure that IRL there are many teams that have a good tactical manager and then an assistant manager that is the motivator, or even the other way around.

Thats exactly what I thought the other year when Newcastle got Shearer in as manager and Dowie in as assistant. IMO it was more the other way round. Dowie was doing the tactical side of things and Shearer was basically there to motivate.

what stuff would you go for on a good ass man???

I look for Judging player ability\Potential, Motivation, Man Mangement, Tactical Knowledge, and discipline. I not only look for assistant managers but any staff member with all or most of the above qualities. I get my assistant to do the team talks, press conferences and the match preperation stuff. Why do I do this well because its my game, I paid for it and I will play it how I want so no it is definitely not cheating if you do these things. I bet the likes of Sir Alex and Arsene have their assistants doing a lot of this stuff and you dont here anyone complaining about the way they do things do you?

i know some guys who think this way

I have never understood those who play one season with a team with no signings and with the tactic they are actually playing in real life. The game is for me about re-designing a whole club to my liking, and to develop youth players. I never leave the club I start out with, as building the club is my thing and not building my career. I have already rejected an offer from Milan in my Las Palmas game.

It is great that people play the same game so differently though!

i dont go for any stats as i fo 90% of everything myself i generally pick an ex-player for exammple i had KEvin Ball, now ive got Kevin Phillips as my assistant manager at sunderland

For I've seen so many staffs, Bayern Munich's Kern is the best ass man you can get, he's got invincible attributes!

Archived