LMA style

For those of you who played the enjoyable lma manager games, you would know that the matches were 5minutes each half irl time i think....

anyway basically i'd like this to be implimented into fm12 i just feel it would be better than watching key highlight or extended because were missing alot of importnt stuff in the match, were only seen the key situations, whereas if we had the lma way we could see everything that is going on

I watch the full match so this would be a backwards step for me. Maybe there needs to be a "very extended" highlights setting?

I would also prefer the match in FM to be representative of a real 90 minutes, which I believe isn't the case at the moment.

I think Football Manager, just need to keep working to improve the match engine and its graphical content, rather than try new ideas. I would like to be able to skip games though and let Assistant manager make the subs during, bit like LMA used to.

The best part of LMA Manager, was skipping the games then watching a "Match of the Day" style program with Linekar which reviewed your game :D

Gosh, please not. FM is simulating a 90 minutes match and attempts at doing that realistically.

If you had matches with 5 minutes in each half then the outcome would have to be grocely unrealistic to have realistic scorelines. That cannot be what we want.

I think that the most pressing issue about the match animations is that when put together, the Key animations don't really give a good picture of how you or the opponent team are playing. The animations show an event that is pre-determined and so it is frustrating to see how many times my team lose a header on corners, how easy it is to dribble through a whole team and crush the ball into the net from 40 yards and so on... Basically, Key needs to show the biggest chances and that's it! Key should take max 5 minutes to go through. It should be obvious that Key highlights won't give you a proper picture of the match.

However, when you select Extended highlights, you aren't really given a better picture of how your team is playing. The same animations are playing, but with less important highlights being shown rather than actual battle for control of the match! An example of what I want to see more of (in Extended) is "they have a corner, corner is hit, your defender heads away - CUT" or "your midfielder hits a through ball to your forward, defender tackles wins the ball and hacks it away - CUT". In other words, I want to see that -sometimes- the attacking team fails at what they are doing and that's it. As it is now, if one team has the ball and hits a pass that the other team picks up to go on a counter attack, I know that it was a pre-determined counter-attack, not a failed attack that resulted in a counter-attack! The difference is perhaps only nuance to begin with, but when you have played a couple of hundred matches you realize that if an animation starts with you having the ball and then lose it and get a ccc against you it is only another variation to the AI creating chances, and have nothing to do with your attacking play!

I have changed my viewing highlights to 'key' and replays to 'goals'..................my games were taking far to long otherwise.

If anyone is interested I have a petition going to bring back LMA here: http://www.petitiononline.com/LMA/petition.html

Sigs are growing fast, lets really push this forwards now :)

I also played LMA manager and bought pretty much every copy until it finished. It was a really enjoyable game but I can safely say it will never come back. its been far too long now. Esepcially in this day in age when most people own laptop computers it will always be overshadowed by Football Manager in my opinion.

Football Manager is also more detailed and a tougher challenge than LMA in my opinion.

5 minutes each half?!?!?

games "take too long"?!?!?

This isn't the arcade... the ONLY way to truly play FM is to watch the full 90. It's the only way to see problems before they cost you goals, the only way to see where you need to make minor changes to your base tactics - e.g. up/down a couple of notches on the Closing Down slider of a player to maximise his effect... playing in any other mode you don't see the problems and potential problems early enough - you're supposed to be the manager but you can't be bothered to watch the culmination of your weeks work?

it makes no sense...

5 minutes each half?!?!?

games "take too long"?!?!?

This isn't the arcade... the ONLY way to truly play FM is to watch the full 90. It's the only way to see problems before they cost you goals, the only way to see where you need to make minor changes to your base tactics - e.g. up/down a couple of notches on the Closing Down slider of a player to maximise his effect... playing in any other mode you don't see the problems and potential problems early enough - you're supposed to be the manager but you can't be bothered to watch the culmination of your weeks work?

it makes no sense...

well some of us do have jobs and families...

i agree my results would be better given your approach but i would rather get through a few more seasons, its good that the game is configurable enough to allow us to all play in our own way :)

well some of us do have jobs and families...

i agree my results would be better given your approach but i would rather get through a few more seasons, its good that the game is configurable enough to allow us to all play in our own way :)

Check on both counts (which is why it takes me 3 weeks to play 15 matches....). For me the longevity in the game is the fact that I can play this particular save for the next 6-12 months (and beyond if necessary) and never get much beyond 20 seasons in. The save will never end unless I choose to end it. I'll never get 'bored' of playing it, I actually enjoy it more as the game becomes regen dominated...

Although I played 09 on my laptop, I do have the save here on my desktop - I played that save, just one save for the whole of my FM09 career, and I didn't make it to 20 seasons in... EVEN AFTER I played it instead of FM10 after the disillusionment of it on release ( so for almost 2 full years in RL). I could load it up (well, install FM09.3 and load it up) and play it straight away... and probably win too ;) My next game is against Dartford in the FA Cup and I am planning on playing my next superstar in it, the (now) 15 year old Thomas Dos Santos who could already hold down a place in a lower prem first team's centre-mid along with a few other youth/fringe players.. (this is how intense my games become, I can even remember the details of where they are at even if I haven't played them for months (or years)...)

So how many of you actually watch the full 90mins then lol

well me obviously...

Archived