Manager wages.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt find it in the forum search.

Basically, I've seen on here a few times people saying that they want to have some sort of option to spend the money that you earn in your career but the usauel ideas of cars,houses etc etc are pretty ridiculous. (In my opinion)

How about an option to spend it but keep it relevent to being a manger, so maybe if your going after a player, but theres a few other teams going in for him aswell then you could pay to get him picked up and brought down to your club for negotiations which might help him decide to join your club. Also, say you manage a London team and you buy a player from a team up north,you could arrange to cover the costs of relocating his family to the London area and by doing so he would perhaps play better because of how you have helped him.

There would be no gimmicks like a list of cars you own or value of the houses you own,just a news feed that says something like "player X is very happy that *manager Y* has helped move his family nearer to the club and wants to repay him by putting in top performances" or "player X has decided to join *club Y* because he appreciates how *manager Z* used his own money to get him to negotiations".

what if you could take the potential player to KFC?

then you've got the choice of how much you want to spend, for example, big money for a bargain bucket or if your a lower league manager, just a small pop corn chicken?

haha Yes, love this

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt find it in the forum search.

Basically, I've seen on here a few times people saying that they want to have some sort of option to spend the money that you earn in your career but the usauel ideas of cars,houses etc etc are pretty ridiculous. (In my opinion)

How about an option to spend it but keep it relevent to being a manger, so maybe if your going after a player, but theres a few other teams going in for him aswell then you could pay to get him picked up and brought down to your club for negotiations which might help him decide to join your club. Also, say you manage a London team and you buy a player from a team up north,you could arrange to cover the costs of relocating his family to the London area and by doing so he would perhaps play better because of how you have helped him.

There would be no gimmicks like a list of cars you own or value of the houses you own,just a news feed that says something like "player X is very happy that *manager Y* has helped move his family nearer to the club and wants to repay him by putting in top performances" or "player X has decided to join *club Y* because he appreciates how *manager Z* used his own money to get him to negotiations".

mwahahahaha.

How about being able to give/receive bungs aswell? I virtually hand over a brown envelope to the players dad as a way of making sure it's a done deal. Then perhaps as a result of this we get sent to court, have to deal with police house searches all the while trying to concentrate on putting a team out on Saturday. Then we have a whole host of things to do with our virtual money, like hiring the best lawyers, bribing police chiefs, buying a tax haven villa on the costa del sol, and so on.

for the reasons that the guy above said real life managers do not pay for stuff like this and i would even guess it would be illegal for a manager to pay for such things.

Illegal? You must be joking.

And how do we know if this happens IRL or not/ Its not as if it would be publicized. Its something that might happen on a small scale in lower leagues.

I don't care how much they pay, my board will never suck me.

In one of the older FMs my success slipped slightly and I went from winning everything to coming 2nd in the league, CL quarters and the like. Only for one season, but it was right when contract renewal time came.

I'm still sure my HUGE wage is why they let me go. :(

that said, I still make sure I'm paid what I deserve. Add in legend status and not allowing my contract to fall under 2 years, and I feel safer this time round anyway.

How about being able to use wages to buy things such as skins, maybe even cheats for the game like in FM Portable? That way you would have an incentive to get the money but it would be purely superficial and you wouldn't miss out by ignoring it.

what if you could take the potential player to KFC?

then you've got the choice of how much you want to spend, for example, big money for a bargain bucket or if your a lower league manager, just a small pop corn chicken?

Good 1....

As I feel, the amount of money you command affects yours rep in some way if possible. The salary info is needed for the budgeting purpose but isn't of any use in the simulation. Neither the cars, houses,etc; is a better use of it nor are the putting the money back into the clubs budgets.

How about the auction system, a auction where you compete with other managers to have best artifact. Some Point system correlation can also help.

No it does not, i'm sick of saying this everytime this suggestion comes up but your wage and contract length contribute to your job security.

MegaLOLZ.

Wise words Charlo!!

No doubt the board have little hesitation in arranging the buyout of Joel's contract after a bad run of results.

No it does not, i'm sick of saying this everytime this suggestion comes up but your wage and contract length contribute to your job security.

Completely in Agreement with above. Try playing a low level club at low wage where you can't produce the result quickly. The club will kick you out if they want easily due to low compensation they will have to pay you. That affects Job security in everyways.

Archived