which playable amateur clubs will never turn professional ??

the lists (10/11 season)

Austria First Division:

TSV Hartberg

Belgium Second League:

Heist

Rupel Boom

Turnhout

Vise

Third Division A:

Bornem

Coxyde

Deinze

Dessel

Geel-Meerhout

Hoogstraten

Izegem

Kapellen

Olsa Brakel

Oudenaarde

RC Waregem

Ronse

Temse

Torhout

VW Hamme

Wielsbeke

Third Division B:

Bertix

Bleid

Bocholt

Grimbergen

Hasselt

Heppignies

Huy

Olympic Charleroi

Ternat

Union SG

UR Namur

US Centre

Verviers

Virton

Woluwe-Zaventem

WS Woluwe

Denmark Second Division East:

Allerod

Avarta

Ballerup Skovlunde

Elite 3000

Frederikssund

Glostrup Albertslund

Herlev

Skjold

Sollerod-Vedbaek

Vanlose

Second Division West:

B 1908

FC Djursland

Lindholm

Naesby

Otterup

Rishoj

Skovbakken

Tjorring

Varde

Norway Second Division Group 2

Jevnaker

Second Division Group 4

Tiller

Scotland Third Division:

Queen's Park

Hong Kong First Division:

HKFC

Queen's Park amateur status is reflected by their motto, Ludere Causa Ludendi – to play for the sake of playing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Park_F.C.

they will never turn professional

The Club First Team is the only amateur side to compete in the professional Hong Kong League First Division

http://www.hkfc.com.hk/sports_sub.asp?cat=soccer

this is British private sports club

how about clubs in Belgium and Denmark??

can they turn professional in the game??

The SPL have actually accepted Queen's Park - and unlike any other side will not make them go professional/full time if they were ever to reach this. Queen's Park made this decision a very long time ago which probably stopped then being one of, if not the biggest club in the world.

I am not sure if this is 100% correct in game, as the whole amatuer thing is broken in game.

Presumably Corinthian-Casuals should be coded to never turn professional as well, should they get promoted up through the leagues.

i think that 'Corinthians' rather than 'Corinthian Casuals'; either way, neither of them are playable teams.

As said, it's etched in eternal statues - and hard-coded in FM11 that Queens Park will always be amatuer. I've no idea about the others either, but can you check them in the official editor?

Why would those teams not go pro if they reached the top flight? How did you come up with that list? Is there any proof of this?

It has not been tested in real life by most (if not all) but if Queen's Park didn't do it when football was becoming professional (when they were the biggest club in Scotland), and if they haven't even gone semi-pro now to help them get to the higher leagues now then why do you think they would turn their back on 144 years of history. Ludere Causa Ludendi sums it up well.

In fact until 1998 Queen's Park were not allowed to sign anyone who had played professionally. They changed this, along with being able to sign players on loan as long as they did not pay them a wage from the club.

It has not been tested in real life by most (if not all) but if Queen's Park didn't do it when football was becoming professional (when they were the biggest club in Scotland), and if they haven't even gone semi-pro now to help them get to the higher leagues now then why do you think they would turn their back on 144 years of history. Ludere Causa Ludendi sums it up well.

In fact until 1998 Queen's Park were not allowed to sign anyone who had played professionally. They changed this, along with being able to sign players on loan as long as they did not pay them a wage from the club.

I'm not talking about that club, but the entire list of clubs in th OP, most of them Danish or Belgian. Why wouldn't those clubs go pro, should they reach the top tier?

I'm not talking about that club, but the entire list of clubs in th OP, most of them Danish or Belgian. Why wouldn't those clubs go pro, should they reach the top tier?

He never said they never would, he asked which clubs would stay amature no matter what. So far Queens are the only club anyone seems to be certain on.

Anybody know if any of the Irish First Division sides can be stopped from going professional, where is the best place to find all this out??

The League of Ireland (Republic) sides have no block on them going professional, apart from the obvious economic ones. They are either semi-pro or expense paying amateur as is.

If your talking about the Irish League (NI) then I'm not sure, though I've not heard of any Northern clubs being solely amateur.

He never said they never would, he asked which clubs would stay amature no matter what. So far Queens are the only club anyone seems to be certain on.

There are also some English teams who will always stay amateur, such as Corinthians. However, they are some way down the league pyramid.

• 1 month later...

I think the clubs in Denmark & Belgium will only consider turning pro if they consider they will attract a sufficient attendance to justify it. Given the size of the countries and the number of clubs, obviously this is more difficult than in countries with larger populations.

Archived