Bias towards my own players in International selection eh?

What is this?

I'm being criticized for my "bias" toward my own team in my Australia selection. They think it's rediculous that I'm selection upward of 10 of my Brisbane squad.

Now, that's all well and good until you consider that the man I replaced had been selection 15+ of my players each time.

Since taking charge I have dropped Dario Vidosic, Nathan Burns, Luke Wilkshere, David Carney and Jason Davidson...

But hey, I'm still biased apparently. I should just cull the national team of its best players so I don't look like I'm playing favourite eh?

I think this is one of those media items that is automatically generated when a manager of club and country selects a large number of his own players, it isn't smart enough to take the situation into account. You could say the same for a lot of the media items, a lot of them are quite generic and lack a bit of depth and intelligence.

As long as you're winning with them it shouldn't matter what the media think!

You're right, it shouldn't.. but the page appears regardless, as said it's an automatic screen.

In club management I strive to have a squad largely of youth team players that i've developed, most will be English and most will get into the various England squads. Then when I become England manager I am going to pick the best, which are at my club.. I could win every game 4-0 and still be criticised each time a squad is named.

Dafuge is spot on. That style of news item has been in the game for a few years now - I recall getting it back on what I think must've been 07 or 08, though it may even have been prior to that - and appears to be generated based on nothing other than the principle that x% of your international squad is comprised of players from your club team.

Archived