Transfer Fees - Seriously, when should I start laughing ?

When I was at Levante I bought this lad for just over 16m, now I'm at Liverpool and I tried to buy him again, my last offer for around 64m was given the ok by Levantes board. Unfortunately the players agent advised me he was not wanting to discuss a contract.

I then decided to praise him twice to the media the week after, I was sure it worked. I then went for him again and placed a bid (60m) , I got this in response

seriouslyxm.jpg

Now they suggest I go to the board and get them to do the deal, I guess I will.

That's their way of saying that he is not for sale.

So he's not for sale at 346 million but he is for sale at 347 million?

Can't you see the idiocy of the game's response? A proper "He is not for sale at any price at this moment" would really go a long way to improve the actual gameplay, informing the player to look for other targets.

Does he have a minimum fee release clause?

No, I signed him when I was in charge of Levante last season. Just before the club accepted a 64 million bid in that region but his agent told me he isnt interested in moving and now want 347 million ? something isnt right

I thought I could change the players mind by talking him up in the press, it sorta worked. He said he would find it hard to decide wether to move to Liverpool or not. Now he is playing in Levante's B team.

The funny thing is that Levante would never pay more than market value for any of your players... The only club that actually increase their bid if you refuse their first one is Manchester City.

In your specific case, though, I would suggest waiting to the next transfer window so that the player isn't regarded as a recent signing anymore. They would probably accept a bid of 30m then.

In that case it is just their way of saying he is not for sale. Seems a stupid value though, looks like they should really just be rejecting the approach without any negotiation.

Could be worth a mention in the bugs forum, especially if you have a save game that can recreate the issue.

im not really interested in raising things in the bug section if its something like this, just wanted to post it and get peoples thoughts. I will keep playing the saved game and save it december 31st and see if it happens again in January transfer window

So he's not for sale at 346 million but he is for sale at 347 million?

Can't you see the idiocy of the game's response? A proper "He is not for sale at any price at this moment" would really go a long way to improve the actual gameplay, informing the player to look for other targets.

Well lets see, that did happen until lots of users whined on the forums that it wasn't fair that they couldn't buy player X.

SI gave in and changed it a couple of years ago so now every player has a price.

@ OP

Why did you offer £60m for your initial offer when his value is £18.75m?

Did he have an asking price set?

Did you enquire before making an offer?

Did you scout him?

What price did they say he would be available for?

Starting at £60m is just asking for that sort of response tbh.

Well lets see, that did happen until lots of users whined on the forums that it wasn't fair that they couldn't buy player X.

SI gave in and changed it a couple of years ago so now every player has a price.

Yeah i remember it used to be in the game, till there was a massive clamour for it to be removed, how things change

Yeah i remember it used to be in the game, till there was a massive clamour for it to be removed, how things change

To be fair though, there's a huge difference between "Barça not wanting to sell Messi to Real for 50M" and "Levante not wanting to sell Some Guy to Liverpool for 60M"...

The former is a reasonable scenario, as there's not enough money involved to overlook the fact such a move would strengthen the main rivals.

The latter is laughable, as I'm sure Levante's chairman would himself drive the guy all the way to Anfield overnight, should he receive such an offer.

I mean... come on!

When you're a random average club the board accepts offers 2x the original value of a player because "it was too good to turn down", but a 60M offer isn't good enough?

I'm guessing they don't want to sell him.

I'm impressed though, i've never seen an asking price like that!!

But every player has their price :)

You want Muresan, you pay what Levante are asking. Don't see what the issue is there :)

Translated, a 300 million pound pricetag means : "He's not for sale. But if you take out a mortgage on the club, you can have him!"

That's their way of saying that he is not for sale.

This. The board will probably force accept an offer way below £347 million, but the manager is making it clear to you in no uncertain terms that the only person who is going to accept a bid for that guy is the chairman.

put it back up to £64M like you got accepted before and see what happens, when they ask for a definite price I normally take that as i'm getting close to what they will actually sell for but they're trying to put you off.

I scouted and bought this guy on the recommendation of Levantes chairman when I was managing the last season. When i went to Liverpool, I offered 15m then 17.5m then 20m then 25 then 30 and so on, after I went for 30m, they said 64 million so I offered them that then the player agent said his player has no interest in negotiating a contract.

I then praised him in the media twice then he said he would find it hard to choose between playing for Liverpool or Levante.

That's when Levante said 347m. I will post a screenshot when I get back. Just heading out now.

The funny thing is that Levante would never pay more than market value for any of your players... The only club that actually increase their bid if you refuse their first one is Manchester City.

In your specific case, though, I would suggest waiting to the next transfer window so that the player isn't regarded as a recent signing anymore. They would probably accept a bid of 30m then.

Not true at all. I sell a player for 2-3 times their value pretty much every season. These are in demand, young players at the top of the game though. Of course it's hard to get rid of people you don't want, but that's mostly because no-one else wants them either.

Not true at all. I sell a player for 2-3 times their value pretty much every season. These are in demand, young players at the top of the game though. Of course it's hard to get rid of people you don't want, but that's mostly because no-one else wants them either.

2,5 star players in your club, if you are a top division club, should be sought-after transfer objects for any club with ambitions that find themselves in a slightly lower rep league, or for any team below you on the reputation scale in your own league. "A decent Premier League player" should be bid for by 3-4 relegation candidates of PL as well as 3-4 promotion candidates in CH - and then foreign clubs could also be interested in some cases.

I have never had a decent bid on any of my players. Jonathan Viera has, unfortunately, a minimum release clause of 32 million and he is a Good-to-Leading 4 star Striker/AM now. And he is Spanish on his way into the Spanish international team. And he is still young. No bids yet. The media rumors of other clubs signing my players are suggesting ridiculously low prices, and are never carried out anyways.

Edit: the system should be fixed now, that is the only way! Instead of offering the player to all clubs, leading some clubs to bid his market value no more no less, a chat with his agent would be more logical. There I could tell him about the future of his client in my club, and if he is only 2.5 stars that would be dire news for him indeed. So then the agent would of course contact people and bids would come in. It is better with a unrealisticly active transfer market than Manchester United having 8/11 players in their 1st year starting XI still in their starting XI after 5 years... and no team-building competition at all.

If you know the club are willing to accept 64 million, then just bid 66 million, non-negotiable, and give them a fortnight to decide. It's the same when a club has already accepts a lower bid from one club, but then keeps refusing your club's bids- you throw them a couple of extra million, so they can feel that they've forced you up, and then you put it non-negotiable so they can't keep trying for more.

yeah but that wont be broke again for ages it was a one off

Barcelona were preparing an £80 million bid for Rooney last year when he was knocking every thing in so its not as though Barca would allow Mess to be sold for £60 million. There is no way that Barca would even consider a bid no matter how ridiculously high for him unless he was demanding a transfer, which isn't going to happen.

If you know the club are willing to accept 64 million, then just bid 66 million, non-negotiable, and give them a fortnight to decide. It's the same when a club has already accepts a lower bid from one club, but then keeps refusing your club's bids- you throw them a couple of extra million, so they can feel that they've forced you up, and then you put it non-negotiable so they can't keep trying for more.

no use trying that for now, the original 64m was accepted but his agent said the player wasnt interested in discussing a contract. I then used the media to show i loved the guy, he liked that idea, so when i tried again, I placed a bid in for 64m but the club came back and wanted the silly amount of 347m.

Well tbh I think your a little mad wanting to spend 60 million on him. Far better players out there with more experience.

no, I enjoy finding young guys that have great potential to fit into my 1st team, that's a main way I play my saved games. I have an even balance of experience and youth

The game should never ask for that amount of money for a guy who's played 5 senior games in three years. That's the issue here.

Even to ask 60m is a little over the top. Most clubs the size of Levante would probably accept 10m for such a player. The number of promising young players with similar skill who have left big clubs for a fairly small fee is quite high really.

That's the problem though, isn't it? Giving in or not to stupid gamers demands is what developing a game is all about, isn't it?

So someone at SI thought "yeah, it should be realistic to have a player price at 348m but not 347m. No board will accept 347m for a player of theirs. But 348? Sure! "

That's some serious thought behind this feature, eh?

Personally I'd wait until Levante accept a reasonable offer. I wouldn't pay £60m for him anyway.

I'm finished with the lad, I got someone better for only 15m and he is killing the opposition so far in his 2 games since coming over to Liverpool

That's the problem though, isn't it? Giving in or not to stupid gamers demands is what developing a game is all about, isn't it?

So someone at SI thought "yeah, it should be realistic to have a player price at 348m but not 347m. No board will accept 347m for a player of theirs. But 348? Sure! "

That's some serious thought behind this feature, eh?

You're saying they should accept a bid of 347m, since they would accept a bid of 348, and the difference is insignificant?

But if they accept a bid of 347m, they should also accept a bid of 346m. And if they accept 346m, they should accept 345m. See where i'm going? In the end they should sell him for free :p

Quite ridiculous asking price, though of course everybody know that they will indeed most probably settle for somethign very close to the initially accepted offer.

However, I always wonder why people are so enraged about having to pay inflated transfer fees if they keep going for the very key players of other clubs. Of course these clubs will not be happy to sell, unless they receive a ridiculous offer.

It's the same that we do, isn't it? Or do you guys keep on selling your best players for a bit more than market value? I certainly don't.

The only thing which keeps more than annoying is when the AI clubs accept AI offers but reject human offers at the same price :thdn:

Archived