Possible FM12 Addition - Ground Gradings

I've just managed subsequent promotions 5 years in a row with Braintree from the BSS to the English Premiership. However, due to financial constraints, I've alway just barely managed to maintain a balanced budget. I've also done this getting gate receipts from my paltry 4000 capacity stadium (only 250 seated). Now that I'm in the Premiership, the team is doing a mandatory upgrade to 8500 seats; however, don't all leagues have ground gradings? Surely, I should have run into this issue much sooner... Also, my facilities are still the most basic possible (both training and youth)...

Since stadium expansions, new stadiums requests, training and youth facilities, etc. are already a part of the game, I think a touch of realism would be to incorporate the ground gradings for various leagues. If you're promoted, you have to deal with your board to ensure you meet the requirements of that next higher league. It may also become interesting if the board denies a request and you're not able to move up, or you might be able to ask for improvements as promotion seem imminent, etc. I forsee (hopefully) multiple new variations to board interactions regarding these possibities.

Just a suggestion that may add to the realism of the game...however, not sure how easy to implement ;)

cerud

They used to be in the game years ago but inexplicably got taken out. They need to return.

Why do they need to return? FM is allowed to have acceptable breaks from reality and this is one of them. The system they use is fine as is it imo.

I just started playing with FM '09 so I didn't realize that they had been a part of the game. I think it would be great to bring them back. Five promotions in five years ssems odd, especially when the grounds don't seem to make sense. My sellouts of 4000 don't even compare to other teams in leagues. While FM is allowed to break from reality, I would simply ask, why this? If it was in before, what occured to remove it from the game? And is it possible to rectify whatever issues that they had with it and bring it back, espcially since, as a simulation game, the object is to simulate reality.

i think this would be good back in its difficult to do well if taken a small club all the way up, at even more so in a poor ground, but then again id also like to see the AI build more new stadiums in long term games.

Why do they need to return? FM is allowed to have acceptable breaks from reality and this is one of them. The system they use is fine as is it imo.

Because FM is a realistic game and it is not realistic to not have them included.

Archived