International Management

Hi, I am an Australian manager on the game who has won 2 La Liga's, 2 Spanish Super Cups, 1 Spanish Cup and has lead my team Barcelona to the Champions League Final all in two seasons but still when I apply for International management I am always rejected in preference to managers with a lower reputation than me.

Is this because of my nationality, that countries only pick national team managers if they are of the same nationality?

Can anyone offer me any help in finding international management?

Hi, I am an Australian manager on the game who has won 2 La Liga's, 2 Spanish Super Cups, 1 Spanish Cup and has lead my team Barcelona to the Champions League Final all in two seasons but still when I apply for International management I am always rejected in preference to managers with a lower reputation than me.

Is this because of my nationality, that countries only pick national team managers if they are of the same nationality?

Can anyone offer me any help in finding international management?

I am surprised you haven't been successful and maybe those countries you've applied for are bias towards managers of the same nation - BUT it might have something to do with the fact that your success is at Barcalona. Anyone in charge of Barca is expected to win everything. Had you had the same success at a lower rep club, your profile may be more credible for international management.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also an Australian manager but my problem is that i cannot get a job outside of the a-league. I started managing Sydney FC and have won the league and cup (grand final) every year for 4 years. I have also won the Asian champions league twice and the world club cup once (beating AC Milan). I have now moved to Adelaide and am leading the league half way through the season. I have applied for every managers job that becomes available (I am playing with the English, Spanish and Dutch leagues activated). No club will hire me, even newly promoted Dutch sides.

Has anyone else been able to start with an Australian side and get a job in Europe?

I am managing Real Madrid and my manager is Brazilian

This would be more likely be because the Spanish FA prefer Guardiola, who is also World Class I imagine, and is Spanish. The earlier issue regarding managing in Australia and not being able to get jobs elsewhere is slightly different to this.

This would be more likely be because the Spanish FA prefer Guardiola, who is also World Class I imagine, and is Spanish. The earlier issue regarding managing in Australia and not being able to get jobs elsewhere is slightly different to this.

True, but it is a bummer :)

Hopefully they will regret their xenophobic ways and reconsider my signing in the future!

I'd be surprised if Felipão ever takes over Spain ;)

Well, if he had won three Ligas in a row, and led his Real Madrid to three consecutive Champions League finals, I definitely believe he could take over Spain :)

Or which country would not want Mourinho at the helm nowadays?

Mourinho's always said he would only ever manage Portugal because he couldn't ever face his own country in a match and want to beat them.

Just like Capello, Eriksson, Scolari, Trapattoni... :)

And in 1982, the manager of Spain was Santamaría, an Uruguayan. And László Kubala, Hungarian, managed Spain for 21 years!

Archived