I hate knowing when a goal is going to be scored before it is actually scored

This issue is really starting to spoil this game for me.

I only watch commentary, and I have found that I can predict many goals about 2 seconds before it happens. This is from corners or Free kicks.

There will be a flurry of commentary in really fast succession, much faster than usual, and then it will go for a corner or a free kick

That flurry tells me...goal.

And I am right...100% of the time, I'd actually say it's happening one in two or three games.

Anybody else noticed? Anybody else dreadfully bored of it?

From FM10 onwards I have noticed a stutter in the commentary before a goal is scored. Not for every single goal but most of them. Like you I can pretty much tell when a goal is about to be scored. I can't remember if it happened on previous versions.

It can be slightly annoying, but that's the way it is!

I can, very occasionally, predict when a goal is going to be scored.

However, it doesnt annoy me in the slightest.

Why?

Because its a game, the game is coded to perform in certain ways, certain outcomes are designed to occur based on various factors, there for, when certain factors occur on the build up to a goal, the code will either result in a goal or not a goal. Sometimes, a pattern emerges and it is possible to see certain outcomes coming about after cartain factors have occurred.

Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot that can be done; its not a bug and its one of the limitations of gaming - you either grin and bear it or you bin the game.

Simple really.

I really can't be bothered with it, it's one thing after another with this game

It's almost as bad as the open goal chances out of nothing that are ALWAYS missed

Terrible match engine

To be fair to SI, what looks like open goal chances on the 2D and 3D representation might not actually have been open goal chances in the match engine.

To be fair to SI, what looks like open goal chances on the 2D and 3D representation might not actually have been open goal chances in the match engine.

Not the point I was making

It's that we get these open goal chances out of the blue, ie no build up, that are missed, in fact, you don't even get told that they are missed, the commentary just stops. Again, this happens every few games

Nowhere near as the original issue of seeing goals before they happen

That's what I was saying before but all I got was 'you're talking sh*t'. Yes, you can predict certain outcomes of the game 'most' of the time. The game is like a set of 'sequence of events'

And that's all I was trying to say

not once have i ever slated anything about this game, but that is a terrible excuse. the 2d and 3d representation is how we view the game and they need to be accurate without question. will need worked on untill then. i watch all my games 3d and have no complaints really, but the whole argument of what you see and what actually happens in the match engine needs work if it is the case.

not once have i ever slated anything about this game, but that is a terrible excuse. the 2d and 3d representation is how we view the game and they need to be accurate without question. will need worked on untill then. i watch all my games 3d and have no complaints really, but the whole argument of what you see and what actually happens in the match engine needs work if it is the case.

I agree with the gist of your post; its just hard if not impossible to have the thousands of necessary animations to make this possible. How big would the game have to be to have all the normal data plus a huge graphic file? But more work is indeed needed!!

I agree with the gist of your post; its just hard if not impossible to have the thousands of necessary animations to make this possible. How big would the game have to be to have all the normal data plus a huge graphic file? But more work is indeed needed!!

okay, but then surely that causes the argument. dont be a half a job bob and put somthing in thats a very important part of the game untill its "right/ready/finished". or if what you're saying is how it is and the graphics file would be too big, then get the animations right around goals and goal action?

From FM10 onwards I have noticed a stutter in the commentary before a goal is scored. Not for every single goal but most of them. Like you I can pretty much tell when a goal is about to be scored. I can't remember if it happened on previous versions.

It can be slightly annoying, but that's the way it is!

i noticed it in FM10 and got annoying towards the end and does it now. surly it is just a quick fix

yup me too!

you know what else i have noticed...if there is a long stretch of commentary (same speed, not the flurry like before the goal) and then it finally goes for a corner, your will not score from it! plus if you have a corner, and then that leads to another corner...nothing will ever come from that either...

How is that fair...quite frankly that is an abominable situation...what is the point of a match representation that isnt accurate...how are you supposed to know what the hell is going on??? And if thats correct then that makes this thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238682-Explanation-of-the-Impact-of-Player-Attributes-During-Match-Play-*Updated-for-FM11*) a load of bollocks!

I am continuely amazed at the level with which some people will go to, to justify **** poor quality - its like their whole world revolves around FM and they cant handle any criticism of the game as it shatters their whole reality...

There is ZERO excuse for this...programming is **** simple (to those that have a clue)...some of the bugs in this game are shamefull...and the lack of accountabilty and responsibility to the customers is disgraceful...

How is that fair...quite frankly that is an abominable situation...what is the point of a match representation that isnt accurate...how are you supposed to know what the hell is going on??? And if thats correct then that makes this thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238682-Explanation-of-the-Impact-of-Player-Attributes-During-Match-Play-*Updated-for-FM11*) a load of bollocks!

I am continuely amazed at the level with which some people will go to, to justify **** poor quality - its like their whole world revolves around FM and they cant handle any criticism of the game as it shatters their whole reality...

There is ZERO excuse for this...programming is **** simple (to those that have a clue)...some of the bugs in this game are shamefull...and the lack of accountabilty and responsibility to the customers is disgraceful...

how did you manage before the 2d and 3d parts were introduced? Seeing a missed open goal in what ever context wont do a great deal in terms of fixing your tactics.

His point was there are limited numbers of animations, thats something that will be a problem for every single game representing a sporting event, there is very little that can be done about that, you cannot programme an infinite number of animations for every scenario. The ME will try and pick the best one for each situation it is representing.

It doesnt make that thread pointless at all, if you understand that thread you will understand why.

One of the situations where I can predict with 90% accuracy that there will be a goal is when a defending player tackles the player running with the ball, but they remain in possession. If this is repeated (i.e happens more than once in a animation), then the attacking team will score.

Another is when the AI team, regardless of which level we are playing on, plays like RL Barcelona - fast, ultraprecise one-touch football with great movement and technique. When non-league teams called stuff like Bubblebury Athletic FC do this, my "suspension of disbelief" vaporates and I just max the game speed to have the goal over with.

*facepalm*

*** simple? Try programming for a living. Hello World doesn't count :)

Never noticed that, but it's not as irritating as being able to tell you got a team-talk wrong in the first 30 seconds of any half.

Amen to that. You see your team meandering about and eventhough the motivation is 'playing okay' you know you're going to be lucky to go in 1-0 at half time.

Another is when the AI team, regardless of which level we are playing on, plays like RL Barcelona - fast, ultraprecise one-touch football with great movement and technique. When non-league teams called stuff like Bubblebury Athletic FC do this, my "suspension of disbelief" vaporates and I just max the game speed to have the goal over with.

Amen to that! team bottom of the league suddenly finds the intelligence to play unbeatable football and my top 4 squad cnt do a damn thing about it

What gets me is you can tell you got your team talk wrong or right usually after 15 minutes. I can understand when I get it wrong my players will miss almost every chance but how does that make the opposition score almost every chance, and vice versa when you get it right. Using Good luck I was getting beat 3-0 every game but when I switched to we can win I won 3-0 everygame. Surely 0-0 woulld have made more sense.

Regarding team talks - according to the way I think it works out (which I posted in its own thread) - you got a 1 in 5 chance to hit the target with your collective team talk. If you select the right one you will be fine, if you select one of the four wrong ones you are sinking without a thrace within the first 10 minutes of the first half.

The safest one is "None", the second safest "You Can Win This", but they don't motivate your team as much as when you put pressure on them. If you don't have a team with average Determination 15+ and professional/determined attitudes I recommend reducing pressure as a rule.

Archived