Signing legends for tutoring - problems!

Hi, I just signed De La Peña, Rivaldo, Munitis and Hejduk for my Betis side, not to play but solely for tutoring.

Now, When I ask them to tutor, the roll-down menu does not contain the youth players I wish to tutor, but only my bad/low PA youth. Why?

Munitis actually is the only one I was able to get to tutor one of my promising youngsters. Is it related to reputation?

Why do you think Rivaldo would be a good tutor? He is the opposite of what I'd look for.

Only go for older players that have good personality traits. Its better to get a consistent, uncontroversial squad rotation player as a tutor rather than a world cup winning Rivaldo.

It's nothing about a tutor being a legend or not. There're rules must be followed: 1. tutor's reputation is higher than the youngster 2000 or above; 2. youngster's squad status must not higher than rotation; 3. youngster's age must not older than 21. Here's some tips for tutoring, usually what we're looking for is those tutors with high determination, ambition, professionalism, and pressure. As the first three attributes affect the speed of development of youngsters, so when we try to make a successful tutoring, the tutor cannot have these four important attributes lower than the youngster, otherwise the youngster will drop his attributes instead!

Annoys me a lot too.

If you buy a high PA player, they usually already have a decent reputation. I've got a 38 year old Puyol in my squad. But he can't tutor anyone with real PA because the game deems Puyol to not be reputable ennough now...

I think there should be another reputation stat that gets stuck on however high a players reputation gets, it can be called "Top rep" or something. For example Ronaldinho would be capped at his Barcelona form so that way he wouldn't sign for a league 2 club when he's 37 and would be recognized by the game as a star when he's older, not just as a player with low attributes.

This is one area that badly needs improvement next time round. There's no way that a tutor should have to have higher CA than the trained player. I doubt Theo Walcott would turn down Thierry Henry's tutorship if he came back, even though Theo is probably better right now than Thierry.

Instead a "peak CA" should sit in the database, allowing the game to remember how good someone was in their peak. It's this that prospects should look at when deciding if they will be tutored by someone.

I have signed some older players for tutoring. Kevin Phillips, Jonatan Johansson, Frank Sinclair and Thierry Gorée :thup:

Also adds some depth to the squad and gives them some experience. The thing I find most annoying is that most of my youngsters are little ***** and don't agree with the tutoring.

As I said before, tutor's reputation must be 2000 or above higher than the youngster, actually the total reputation is out of 10000, so players like Messi or C.Ronaldo is around 9500, you need special tool to see this stat. Reputation is directly proportional to current CA, not PA! No matter how high the PA is, the player's reputation will drop at the same time when his stats/CA drops.

I set Jordan Henderson as a hot prospect and signed David Beckham but could not get him to tutor Henderson.

First of all, when did you sign Beckham? I think it's the problem of reputation. I assume that in your case Beckham's reputation is not higher than henderson 2000 or above. Since I opened a new save and check the initial reputation of both players, Beckham 5329, Henderson 3500. See, Beckham's reputation isn't high enough when the game starts, it gets impossible when the game processes coz the growth of Henderson and the decline of Beckham just make their reputation gap even smaller.

First of all, when did you sign Beckham? I think it's the problem of reputation. I assume that in your case Beckham's reputation is not higher than henderson 2000 or above. Since I opened a new save and check the initial reputation of both players, Beckham 5329, Henderson 3500. See, Beckham's reputation isn't high enough when the game starts, it gets impossible when the game processes coz the growth of Henderson and the decline of Beckham just make their reputation gap even smaller.

Beckham's reputation surely can't be that low? He is still one of the most well known players in the world.

On my current save i signed Gillardino mostly for tutoring and it worked great for a couple of seasons, he is 36 years old now and i'm letting him go at the end of the season but as i was about to use him for tutoring one last time i noticed that his reputation dropped to local so i couldn't use him as i planned.

Doesn't really makes sense in my opinion that a former Italian International dropped that low even if he was on the decline and about to retire.

A lower reputation than RIVALDO????

After 3 patches the tutoring system in FM11 is still screwed.

Rivaldo's rep is low.

Ask most people what he is doing now and they will assume he retired after Barca.

He is not on the radar. I only see his name written on this site.

As someone else mentioned, he is a poor tutor.

Archived