Brobs17 Ultimate[.2] 4-1-2-3 11.3

Hi guys, I have created an update to my current 'Ultimate' tactic which was very good in itself but I believe this tactic rises above it (scary stuff). I want this tactic to work for the very poor to the very good teams and I think I have finally accomplished this. The majority of the individual settings in the Ultimate tactic were placed as good as they good be with how I wanted my team to play - there was however two positions I was not happy with, the fullbacks and the goalkeeper. I found that sometimes I conceded from open play and it was due to the fullbacks being out of position and the goalkeeper not commanding his box properly, these two have now been fixed and the overall shape of the defence is much better, the balancing of the fullbacks also means the tactic attacks more giving the tactic a better overall composition. The defensive set-ups from set-pieces are fixed, they may not work straight away but once your players are used to them they will be conceding a hell of a lot less. I could state what I've done and why I've done them but I won't do that - I could be here for days.

It is still a 4-1-2-3 formation.

(make sure these settings/rules are followed):

Pitch Size: Minimum

Plug and Play tactic (classic)

NO OI

Team talks to assistant manager

No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Match prep - 'None' with an 'Average' Workload

I would also recommended Wolfsong's team talks if you do not want to leave it to your assistant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player requirements:

GK: Jumping, Reflexes, One on Ones and Rushing out

CBs Jumping, heading,stamina, tackling and marking

FBs Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work Workrate

DMC Passing, tackling, marking, stamina.

CMS Pass and technique and workrate

For 3 Strikers Pace,dribbling,technique, acceleration,off the ball and finishing.

PLUG AND PLAY TACTIC. Do not tinker with the tactic

Set-piece are set up in the tactic.

Give it 7-8 games to settle in and do not tinker with the tactic or put OI's on. Please plug and play this and do not let the computer simulate results.

On team instructions I have ticked counter attack, use target man and use playmaker. It gets the ball up to the strikers more quicker by enabling this in the team instructions. There is no specific playmaker/target man so do NOT drag players into the 'playermaker' or 'target man' option.

If my team goes down to 10 men = Take the left-sides central midfielder off... its vital to keep 3 strikers in this tactic, due to the special marking upfront.

I have only tested this with my Eastleigh side - a newly promoted side with terrible players compared to the standard of the league. And I came 2nd and got promotion to the Prem so I am very confident it will work for every team - currently testing it with West Brom and I've won my first 3 games, including a 1-0 away victory at Liverpool - I will upload them as soon as I can get on to the laptop I was testing it on.

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/npowerchampionshipinform.png/

Just been testing with Forest Green (no signings)

http://img855.imageshack.us/i/bluesquarebetpremierinfr.png/

This is the tactic link to when the right and left sided strikers are set to 'run from deep' 'often'

Tactic Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20228352/Brobs17+Ultimate+11.3[.2]+Final+(Eastleigh,+Dec+2017).tac

18/04/2011 This is the tactic link to when the right and left sided strikers are set to 'run from deep' 'sometimes' (subtle difference but I believe it makes the the tactic perform even better)

Tactic Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20239525/Brobs17_Ultimate_11_3__2__Final___Sometimes____Man_Utd__Nov_2010__tac

EDIT 18/04/2011 Okay guys, after my testing it maybe better to put your left and right sides strikers to 'run from deep' 'sometimes' instead of 'often', I got even better results from doing this so I would advise doing it

If you have any queries you can follow me on Twitter and ask me stuff if you need any advice! : http://twitter.com/#!/Brobs_17

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helmut, I've been only been using default training schedules myself - would be great if someone could post a link a great training routine which will improve players to there max potential - a bit like what Dan's (I think) did in the 10.3 patch

Haha, this tactic is just too good.

I've basically tried pretty much every tactic this forum has to offer. Tested them with the same team, but this tactic is out of this World. I'm winning 5 - 0 all the time, outplaying my opposition and my central striker is on fire. Kévin Gameiro has scored about twenty goals in the last ten games.

I love you.

PS - just beat league leaders Lyon 4 - 0.

My stats so far:

11 - 1 - 0

40 - 7

I'm Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1.

I haven't downloaded a tactic in years, but i'm falling out of love with FM since 11.3. So i having read your previous thread , i thought i'd give this a shot before FM and I get a divorce.

I should point out i'm half way through my second season with Cardiff ( first season in premiership ) and i'm having to retrain a bunch of wingers to be strikers, so i'm not expecting miracles.

Will update you with results. Thanks for posting.

awesome tactic! it makes high possesion and great quality games!!

i played 12 games with derby(first season), the results is so cool.

10 W 1 D 1 L

my team beat tottenham(2-1w) at fa cup & west brom(3-1w) at league cup.

good job mate!!

You've done it again Brobs!

I posted in you old thread about my Euro League winning Malmö FF team.

I am now two years further down the line and have had great success with you old version.

There are however two team who regularly knock me out of the Champions League each year; Manchester United and Barcelona.

So when the knock out stages came around once more I decided to try your new one out.

Of course I drew Man U once again in the quarter final:

malmffvmanutdinformatio.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fantastic result after starting by letting in an own goal.

In the finals the other nemesis awaited:

barcelonavmalmffinforma.png

Really existing game and I think i scared my neighbors half to death when Rexhepi equalized on injury time.

It felt extra good considering Rexhepi has been with me from the start, a home grown lad.

Finally my fixtures list since changing to the new version:

malmffmalmfffixtures.png

Keep up the great work Brobs!

You've done it again Brobs!

I posted in you old thread about my Euro League winning Malmö FF team.

I am now two years further down the line and have had great success with you old version.

There are however two team who regularly knock me out of the Champions League each year; Manchester United and Barcelona.

So when the knock out stages came around once more I decided to try your new one out.

Of course I drew Man U once again in the quarter final:

malmffvmanutdinformatio.png

Fantastic result after starting by letting in an own goal.

In the finals the other nemesis awaited:

barcelonavmalmffinforma.png

Really existing game and I think i scared my neighbors half to death when Rexhepi equalized on injury time.

It felt extra good considering Rexhepi has been with me from the start, a home grown lad.

Finally my fixtures list since changing to the new version:

what skin is that?

malmffmalmfffixtures.png

Keep up the great work Brobs!

what skin is that mate??

Has anyone tried what I said in post #15? I tweaked it in this way and and it seemed to produce better results but I haven't tested it in the long run.

Currently making a wingers tactic

Latest result with Forest Green (no signings - predicted bottom)

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/forestgreenvcrawleyspli.png/

Made the change you mentioned and I have to say it makes a big difference going forward, currently averaging 7 CCC's per game, still testing but it looks good

Has anyone tried what I said in post #15? I tweaked it in this way and and it seemed to produce better results but I haven't tested it in the long run.

I'd be very intrested in this!

Planning to start new save with AC Milan and this tactic seems perfect for them as they don't have wingers, just plenty of strikers who should fit - Pato, Robinho and Cassano, later Paloschi, they all seem good for this type of tactic, Is there any way to convert the tactic from classic to modern (I know you can do it the other way around)? And if not, if i just input the same player instructions, would I still miss out on something? Somehow i do prefer to have shouts enabled.

Can't wait for the tactic with wingers as well, as with my 442 they do excellent job, but cant get both of my strikers to perform, usually its just one that scores, so your 4321 could be a good choice

i cant wait for your winger tactic if its as good, i miss my wingers :D

I won the French League and the French Cup in my season with Saint-Etienne. I also reached the final of the League Cup in France, but lost to Marseille. Lost in the Semi final of the Europa League to Lyon on penalties.

Kévin Gameiro scored 60 goals that season...I kid you not. Crazy. He had 36 goals in the league.

This season he has got 25 goals in 21 matches. My FC is really perfoming with this tactic!

Just played away against Bayern Munchen and the game ended 5 - 5. I'm basically winning these big games home, usually not conceding goals - but I'm struggling against big teams away. I concede 3 - 5 goals. Any tip?

I either win or lose matches, but thankfully I usually win. Ended the French league with 30 - 2 - 8 and won it.

I'm now sitting in 1st position in France after 16 matches, six points clear of Lyon.

I've got 13 - 3 - 0 and 46 - 10

I won the French League and the French Cup in my season with Saint-Etienne. I also reached the final of the League Cup in France, but lost to Marseille. Lost in the Semi final of the Europa League to Lyon on penalties.

Kévin Gameiro scored 60 goals that season...I kid you not. Crazy. He had 36 goals in the league.

This season he has got 25 goals in 21 matches. My FC is really perfoming with this tactic!

Just played away against Bayern Munchen and the game ended 5 - 5. I'm basically winning these big games home, usually not conceding goals - but I'm struggling against big teams away. I concede 3 - 5 goals. Any tip?

Try what I said on #post 15, put your left and right sides strikers to 'run from deep' 'sometimes' instead of 'often', some people try this for me and see if they get better results - it links up the attack better and the defending also improves, give it a try

Yeah, just did. Will see how it works.

I love this tactic even though I've conceded a lot against big teams away. It is still the first tactic I've used (tried a lot...) that actually give me good results all through the season. And yes, I do love to score three goals in the first ten minutes:-)

Yeah, just did. Will see how it works.

I love this tactic even though I've conceded a lot against big teams away. It is still the first tactic I've used (tried a lot...) that actually give me good results all through the season. And yes, I do love to score three goals in the first ten minutes:-)

No problem bro! Like to help people out like you to play the game as the tactical side is really difficult, glad to hear your getting on well

Basically, I play the game because I love to develop players, sign talents, sell them for profit etc etc. Develop a club. I don't play it to become the next José Mourinho and I just get sick to my stomach when I try tactics that don't work and I'm never able to get into a streak.

Finished my second season with this tactic.

Won the French League and the French League Cup. My second double in two seasons with this tactic.

Impressive stats:

31 - 6 - 1

101 - 19

99 points.

Ended up accepting a contract from Arsenal in March. They wanted me to take over the job in July. I felt it was right to move on after two league titles, a French Cup and a League Cup trophy with Saint-Etienne.

betis.jpg

As promised, i'm presenting the results of my debutant season as a Betis manager.

Tactic used : Brobs17 Ultimate 11.3[.2] Final (Sometimes)

Teamtalk used : Wolfsong

Training used : SK Training

Liga Adelante : runner-up (promotion)

Copa del Rey : 4th round

I think about using your new winger tactic in Primera Division. There's a dilemma here. Try to find players more suitable for 4123 or change to 41221 never used before.

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but after getting pretty frustrated at the amount of weak goals I was conceding, I changed the DM to rarely run from deep and suddenly my team has been a lot tighter at the back.

I've also been messing around a bit and changed the two CM's to run from deep often, and the two supporting strikers to run from deep rarely, and it has just produced one of my highest scoring games, a 7-0 win.

I was against Reading, sure, but in my game atm Reading are doing OK in the EPL and I was far from playing my strongest team.. Could be on to something maybe?

betis.jpg

As promised, i'm presenting the results of my debutant season as a Betis manager.

Tactic used : Brobs17 Ultimate 11.3[.2] Final (Sometimes)

Teamtalk used : Wolfsong

Training used : SK Training

Liga Adelante : runner-up (promotion)

Copa del Rey : 4th round

I think about using your new winger tactic in Primera Division. There's a dilemma here. Try to find players more suitable for 4123 or change to 41221 never used before.

can u upload ur training schedule..really need it

So, although this is a fantastic tactic, there's one weakness in it that I've found. The one time it really struggles is when I'm the heavy favourite for a match - especially at home. The type of match where in a wizard tactic I'd be using a Control mentality.

For example, I can beat Arsenal 3-0, but playing Burnley, I lose 1-2. I suspect it's because the weaker teams just pull everyone behind the ball and the tactic can't penetrate the defence, then they just counter-attack at will.

This is a great tactic! Tried lots of tactics but always coming back to this tactic, the one close to this is mr.hough. So after testing both original and sometimes tactic, i have feeling that the "sometimes" create lots of chances and better posession but less convert to goals.

On the other hand the "original" create less chances but better in converting to goals. It's just my opinion though. Thanks for the tactic!

I play only with my 'sometimes' tactic, and now I push the middle two MC's to run from deep often and the DMC to run from deep rarely .. it dominates more zonal areas thus creating more chances espec against weaker teams... give it a try

So It will look something like this:

http://img846.imageshack.us/i/eastleighprematchteamse.png/

Okay, I'll give that a try.

My 5th Season results with Fulham:

Premier League: Winners (P:38 W:31 D:4 L:3 For:105 Agst: 26 GD:+79 Pts: 97)

League Cup: Winners

FA Cup: 5th round

Champions League: Winners

European Supercup: Winners

World Club Cup: Winners

Khouma Babacar scored 46 league goals in 31 appearances

I'm done with this save now, so I'll be starting a new game with Newcastle using the tactic.

Archived