If you had to start a new game now.........

who would you start with? It can't be the team you support. Don't think too long about it. Imagine someone has a gun to your temple and they're giving you 5 seconds to pick a team. Who would it be?

Would it be a top four Prem team? Champions League football, money to spend etc.

Maybe an outsider?

A relegation candidate,

Promotions favourite?

Your choice.

The reason I ask is because I'm lookin to start a new game today. I'm currently manager of Braintree Town and I feel like I'm missing out on the football world (if you understand what I mean). I want to be where the heart of the action is, the premier league.

who would you start with? It can't be the team you support. Don't think too long about it. Imagine someone has a gun to your temple and they're giving you 5 seconds to pick a team. Who would it be?

Would it be a top four Prem team? Champions League football, money to spend etc.

Maybe an outsider?

A relegation candidate,

Promotions favourite?

Your choice.

The reason I ask is because I'm lookin to start a new game today. I'm currently manager of Braintree Town and I feel like I'm missing out on the football world (if you understand what I mean). I want to be where the heart of the action is, the premier league.

My favourite club Galatasaray, my unemployed save was lost to a crash dump so I didn't want to start another one.

Maybe an outsider?

A relegation candidate,

Promotions favourite?

Your choice.

My suggestion would be to get Braintree where the heart of the action is, you will feel a much greater sense of satisfaction for it.

Try the MLS totally different experience! And it's a great feeling after a few years when you a pick up a former good premiership/la liga player e.g. Robbia keane and they tear the league apart

Seattle are good but a little too easy, I re created the new York cosmos with Pele as chairman which I enjoyed a lot so maybe that route?

P.s love your name stunning supplement :D

I think i would try to take a poor championship side to the premier league, perhaps a vlub like Crystal Palace or even trying to ressurect leeds united. I've never really enjoyed the lower levels of english football but its always been a challenge i'd like to do.

Saves I've started this year:

- English Championship: Nottingham Forest (this has been my most persistent save this year)

- A-League: North Queensland Fury (RIP, now gone, FM11 will be your last chance to play as them unless they get their license back for 2012 - 2013 season!)

- J-League (using Gambare Nippon! database): Mito Hollyhock

- English Premier League: Arsenal

For me, these teams are pretty off the wall. In England, I'm a Portsmouth fan; Australia I'm Melbourne Victory, and in Japan, I love Nagoya Grampus Eight. That would be my recommendation - go somewhere off the wall. And don't pick an ugly jersey, or teams you are completely against, as you'll be stuck with them, and if something bad happens IRL, or you catch sight of their jersey etc, you may get sick of your team. :?

I'd start a career with a Top Club with loads of money (no City though).

It's been probably 10 years since I last did it, and I sort of miss being able to buy actual top players and hot prospects... It'd be a nice change of pace from my usual Rosenborg save and from a journeyman career.

Usually by the time I've made my way to the top (either in Norway or elsewhere) most of the original players are retired or too old to be useful, and to be honest the average quality of newgen sucks badly, so it's not that great playing in a 100% newgen gameworld.

So well, I might go for a rare spell of "FM for kids" at a Top Club... also to see how long it takes me to get bored of that (3 seasons, tops, I guess)

• 3 months later...
Southampton. Was "my team" when I was younger. Deserves a man with ideas and determination.

I had quite successful AAR with Southampton for 4 and half seasons, so good choice :)

I love several types of clubs, so it would be one of these:

-Sleeping giant. Quite rich club that has worse squad than it deserves and has no major success.

-Legend in comma. Club with great past that has fallen very low

-Hungry dog. Ambitious club that really wants to go way up.

-Academy. Not good club, but reputation of growing or scouting young talents.

My favourite choices from now and years past include: Leeds, Southampton, Real Sociedad, Fiorentina (right after the big fall), Atalanta, 1860 München, Herta or Rennes.

Archived