Why this stupid stuation happens so many times?

Even with the defender collect to a full back it will still happen sometimes..

It's an annoying bug that makes goal kicks too risky to be an option if the oppostion got a pacey striker.. the positive side is that you can also score a lot goals this way though they feel kind of cheap.

The problem isn't really that the goalkeeper takes the goal kick instead of passing to a defender, but that the opposing defender/midfielder that wins the challenge with the goalkeeper's striker/midfielder team-mate manages to head the ball 30 meters with millimeter precision as a genious through ball.

Such a header should rarely go beyond 3 meters, and never 30.

I had a big guy up front in one game, and tried to have the gk kick the ball to him because Defender Collect didn't work, but he never did! If I had my tall striker placed in the left position, the gk would kick the ball to the dwarven right striker, and if I swapped them he would kick the ball to the left striker. If the choice was up to him, he would kick the ball to the smallest player on my team - no exceptions! If I inversed this to exploit the bug, he would follow orders... in other words - he plainly refused to kick the ball to the only player up there who could possibly win the header.... This was for 11.2, though. I haven't tried this in 11.3

This is happening a lot to me but not from conceding goals but scoring them. There is 3 things that make this happen:

1. The player that wins the header is able to header the ball up 30-40 yards to perfectly set up a goal scoring chance in behind the defense.

2. As the headers happens, the centre backs push up tight to the forwards but allow them onside. The defenders won't even follow the runner

3. If the striker has great acceleration you will get plenty of chances as the defenders won't catch you.

Currently, im playing with Man Utd and Hernandez is scoring an unrealistic amount of goals. He has 25 goals so far this season in 21 starts. In his recent form, he has scored 22 goals in his last 11 starts including 4 hat tricks and 4 goals in a game in his last 11 games.!! This includes games where I've won 8-0. The match engine heavily favours quick strikers. He is also scoring a high proportion of goals from corners aswell.

Come to think about it. I've never seen headers go straight up in the game. They seem to always go straight towards a player, as if 2 people jumping guarantee's 1 person to win it with ~90% accuracy. Certainly needs an improvement.

Archived