Tutoring...

Ideally you want Professional players with high determination to be tutors, since the main benefit of tutoring besides PPM's, is to improve the youngster personality.. so by having a good professional tutor with high determination if possible, the youngster ambition,professionalism,determination and ability to handle pressure should all improve making his hidden mental attributes better.

Hope it makes sense!

Attributes to look for are determination, work rate and teamwork. These give you some indication about hidden attributes. Also check players personality.

Although you'd like to tutee become like tutor, too big difference between personalities will ruin it. In case you have really young player you could use several tutors to improve his mental stats step by step, but you have to keep your eye on PPMs you want him to obtain.

PPM's should really be acquired through practicing...not tutoring.

is that just your feeling on the matter or do you have some data to support this?

i prefer to have them learn what i like as well, but sometimes the player is unreceptive, other times it's skills they can't learn on there own, like curls the ball.

To elaborate my one-word post. It was like that for a reason. If your tutor have lower Determination than your youngster, selecting him to be tutor will result in the kid having his Determination decreased accordingly! You may end up absolutely ruining the poor kid's career!

is that just your feeling on the matter or do you have some data to support this?

i prefer to have them learn what i like as well, but sometimes the player is unreceptive, other times it's skills they can't learn on there own, like curls the ball.

Some PPMs cannot be learned but only be acquired through tutoring (curls balls!). I think the tutoring way is more effective because it doesn't take away 10% of training time and even multiple PPMs can be learned.

Some PPMs cannot be learned but only be acquired through tutoring (curls balls!). I think the tutoring way is more effective because it doesn't take away 10% of training time and even multiple PPMs can be learned.

excellent point koki, ty

<a  href=http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3260/petrachi.png' alt='petrachi.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

This is an example of a youngster that I can't tutor (because none of my strikers have 20 determination). However, he should be fine on his own, since his personality is Driven. He is 1-star CA with a potential of 3,5 stars (Leading BBVA), and have already gone from 9 Pace 8 Acc to 11/11 in 12 months. The individual training focus is a really good addition!

Shouldn't you tutor him anyway? i know his determination will go down but wouldn't his other mental stats improve more than they would if you just left him alone?

Perhaps, but is it worth the risk? I don't know for certain that whoever I choose as a tutor actually have better hidden stats than this guy.

Archived