Very strange problem

The year is 2020, I've got a striker in my team who's been with us since 2012, he's a two time golden boot winner and a lot of other things, but in short, he's great. He's also my club captain and a legend at the club. So I head into a game and I look at the assman's report, and he says Divine Charles is having serious problems blending into the squad. I thought it must have been some weird bug, but unfortunately I've seen it in almost every game since. He still scores well, but he's noticeably less efficient than he used to be. What's worse, another player, who's been with us for six years, has also caught it, so it seems to be contagious.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a way to fix it? I really don't want to sell him because of a stupid bug.

I can only assume you've made a lot of transfers in the last few seasons which have completely changed the blend of the squad. You used to have a team made up mostly of players similar to your two favourites, but recently they're finding it harder to fit in with what the team has become.

For example, my team is ambitious (spend a lot of time putting it together to be so) and I will never sign anyone that my scout reports suggest will have any trouble blending in.

I'll try to check out the personalities of the new players, maybe that's what it is. I kind of doubt it though, because if I recall correctly, this whole thing started in May or so, completely out of the blue. Also, I don't sign established players, only 18-year olds with the squad status of hot prospect. Those kinds of signings really shouldn't affect my clear cut number one player.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway, I'll try to look into it.

If it took the player 8 years to figure out he couldn't blend in, he has a low adaptability AND SI have failed to balance the adaptability vs football culture properly. It isn't a bug, just a weird outcome of a programming code that isn't taking into account long-term consequences of Adaptability sensitivety being too low.

Archived