This may be a stupid question but....

I was managing Ipswich last night and i had £1.5 million in transfer budget and 80% transfer revenue.

i put a few players up for sale as they were worth a few bob, when i sold payer X i recieved half a mill for him which was fair but then i realised my transfer revenue went down to £10% !! and then there was no point in selling any of my other players as i wouldnt get hardly any money from them :@

So why did my transfer revenue go down to 10% from 80% from one player sale?

i asked my board to increase the % too but they refused.

I think the reason for this because you've sold players which has increased your transfer budget to what your board feel is a fair amount. So to avoid you continuously getting the 80% back for every player you sell they have reduced it. This can also help with the long-term finances of the club. If you continued to sell players and get 80% of each transfer. Your budget would be good. You in turn would most probably look to spend this money. Which could, in the long-term have a big effect on the clubs finances. Especially if you brought all your players on 48 month deals and didn't get promoted or make enough money to counter it :thup:.

Archived