buying romelu lukaku

im newcastle in my first season,its november and ive had a 15million bid accepted for him and have also offered a contract to the lad,im just wondering why none of the other top clubs have not placed a bid or have i just got a clear pathway to his signing???also ive been given 9 million and have added 5 million as monthly installments will i be able to finish the deal.

deal done :) im just surprised at how easy it was to get the player,you would expect that there would have been a bit of competition,lets just hope hes a good carroll replacement!!!!!!!!!has the height and all so hopefull wont be far off.

I have him in my Newcastle save and he bangs them in, great player.

im probably gonna play him and ranger up front,im a fan of ranger in real life,i feel he just needs a bit of time to develop,also some of the chances he misses in this game are like reall life but i stick with him anyway,in fact he has done ok for me and has scored 4 goals in 13 games for me,he is also being linked with chelsea and man u in my first season only in mid november.how much did you sigh lukaku for yourself????

He turned out useless in my save. I tried real hard, but in the end let him go.

Bought for 6 mil, at Arsenal for 5 seasons, one of which he was out on loan at Sampdoria. He then went to Leeds for 5.75 mil. They had only been up one season, and in their second season (the year he joined them) they went back down. He went to Celtic on loan while they were re-promoted, then settled in for a mediocre career. At 28 years old he's just been relegated again, but is actually staying this time. he's missed most of this season with injuries, but the 5 games he started only brought 1 goal, down in the championship.

His career stats read 252 league games, 93 goals, 14 assists and an average of 6.81. Not dire, but hardly a superstar.

edit: They are shoe-ins for a playoff spot, and may even come 2nd still. So he's probably back in the Premiership next year. Real shame though. Compare him to Sanogo, who stayed in France until 2013. Joined me for 15 mil, stayed for 3 and a half years until a 56 mil move to Man City, and has starred there ever since. At 29, and originally seen as Lukaku's peer, he's played 323 league games, scored 251 goals, 69 assists and averaged 7.49. 4 titles, 2 champions leagues world player of the year and European golden boot twice. 100 games and 74 goals for me, vs 2 league games and 10 goals over a longer period.

He's a good player, but not as good as he was on last years version. On my save he's had a decent career thus far. I'm in 2020 and have recently taken over Barcelona.

For Anderlecht 2010-15 - 133 apps - 60 goals -14 assists. (League Only)

For Everton 2015-2016 - 21 apps - 13 goals - 1 assist. (He only spent half a season there after moving on a free transfer, before being signed by.....)

For Arsenal Jan 2016 - Present - 76 apps - 39 goals - 3 assists. (Cost 23 million. Great profit for David Moyes boys!)

So since joining the Prem, he's averaged over a goal every other game, not bad work.

Surprisingly, I managed to acquire him in 2016/17 season from Man City for about $2.5m. Had only played about 20-odd games for them over 3 or 4 seasons, scoring 5 or 6.

Since joining us in Portugal , (Sporting Lisbon) , he has played 56 and scored 29, with 17 assists in all competitions. Like Chalky says, he's being good, but not outstanding. He is , although attracting interest from Real Madrid and Inter. Hmmm, reasonable offer and he can go , I think. Currently valued at $5.25m.

I think £15m in first season is too much. In my save Inter signed him in 2nd season for £6,5m. You payed too much, that's why nobody hijacked your transfer.

ok if i payed to much why didnt they accept my first offer of just under 10million,why didnt i get him as cheap as others are saying in here???would it be anything to do with teams knowing that we would have 35mil in the bank and trying to get as much out of us as possible???

I brought him to Chelsea for £10 million in 2012/2013. I had big plans for him but he's not been great so far, made his debut in August, it's now January and he's only got three goals in all competitions. Admittedly I'm not starting him every game now, but it's still a disappointment, although being two of his three have came in the last month, maybe it's just taken him a while to settle in...

£15MIL is rather a lot for Lukaku first season, but oh well thats kind of off the topic of the OP. Perhaps other clubs opted for Babacar instead? I think Babacar and Lukaku are very similar players.

I signed him for Everton at the start of my second season for 9 million! I was sick of Saha constantly getting constantly injured, even though when he was fit always popped up with a goal for me.

So far Lukaku has played 7(2) and scored 7 goals. He just bagged a hat-trick for me against Liverpool after being 2-0 down after 8 minutes... So at the moment he is a Legend, ha! I have big hopes for the lad, if he develops a little more pace and improves his finishing I think I will have a susperstar at the club for a fair few years!

1. Lukaku is a massive error. He good, but not great. Well in my books anyway. In all my games hes only progressed to stats around 15 and is stuck in the dutch league atm :p

2. 15million :o thats stupid money! especially first season.

3. You have a 9mil budget, and you blow it all (plus installments) on one player? Poor management.

4. In answer to your original question. Maybe no one can match the bid you have made. Also clubs may not automatically be interested in him, as you are snapping him up straight away i doubt anyone will have had the chance to scout him :p OR maybe the deal has been kept private well. OR maybe clubs have other targets, seeing as he is extremely young at the start of the game and probably wouldnt have an impact on any high profile teams/leagues for a few years (which begs the question, why did you sign him?!)

15 million is actually quite a lot for a 18 year old who imo isn't all that great. Was never a fan of him. 15 million is the sum teams generally pay for a proven player in his respectable league that is more than above average quality.

Well in my save with celtic, i bought him during the summer window before the second season for what appears to have been a complete bargain of £3.4 Million. by November he had scored 20 in all comps and i was getting £10 million bids from arsenal. by far my strongest striker with 4.5 star potential, at 3.5 stars at the moment.

1. Lukaku is a massive error. He good, but not great. Well in my books anyway. In all my games hes only progressed to stats around 15 and is stuck in the dutch league atm :p

2. 15million :o thats stupid money! especially first season.

3. You have a 9mil budget, and you blow it all (plus installments) on one player? Poor management.

4. In answer to your original question. Maybe no one can match the bid you have made. Also clubs may not automatically be interested in him, as you are snapping him up straight away i doubt anyone will have had the chance to scout him :p OR maybe the deal has been kept private well. OR maybe clubs have other targets, seeing as he is extremely young at the start of the game and probably wouldnt have an impact on any high profile teams/leagues for a few years (which begs the question, why did you sign him?!)

i bought him because newcastle have no fowards and i want somebody for the future,i will play him straight away so hopefully he will come good and even when he is going through a poor spell i will stick with him as we have nobody else,ranger isnt doing to bad for me so i might pair the two up front together,both have good height and will come in useful for attacking and defensive set pieces,i know i went for an obvious youngster in the game but i dont know some of the others that have been mentioned and just went for it basically!!!time will tell in todays world 15mil isnt a totally unrealsitic bid either.

I think he means because they are forum favourites and loads of people buy them.

awk i know he was a obvious choice but i just said id go for him anyway,boring maybe but i will also buy another foward soon cause we will need 1 dont worry bout that,also im sure everyone near enough buys the same players because the game always brings them up in transfer rumours and stuff like that???

I like to try out players I have not signed before, sure I have a couple I like to sign but they are more defensive players. It is personal choice I do not really care who other players sign not sure why it bothers people lol.

I like to try out players I have not signed before, sure I have a couple I like to sign but they are more defensive players. It is personal choice I do not really care who other players sign not sure why it bothers people lol.

yea i do like to buy other random players aswell,i dont go out to find the best players on forums or anything its just from last year i know of this player,i might randomley just buy his brother jordan and have them both lol

Nothing wrong with buying him I bought him once on FM10. I just like a bit of variety if I buy someone who scores 200 goals for my club on one save I will not buy him on another as I like to see someone else scoring.

What an odd viewpoint if so. Its not as if the only people who have heard of them know of them through FM. Not to mention the strangeness of buying a good player being pathetic.

well to be fair i only would have heard of this player through fm,another example is i was reading online that newcastle had a 5mil bid rejected for cheik mbeguine or something like that from some french team and i only heard of this player through fm.what do you mean by "not to mention the strangeness of buying a good player being pathetic"???

Nothing wrong with buying him I bought him once on FM10. I just like a bit of variety if I buy someone who scores 200 goals for my club on one save I will not buy him on another as I like to see someone else scoring.

thats ok,i normally only ever play as newcastle and i have to admit i never get far into the game so i never have seen how this player fairs out but im gonna try and get into this save by trying to play a game every night and take it from there,im only in mid december in my first save with 26 points r something like that with 17 games played and not doing to bad so ill try and keep going and also buy alot of other players as dont worry newcastle need them;)

I have usually bought him in FM2010 and FM2011, in my recent 11.3 save I havent had much use for him, I just loaned him to Barcelona. All the big teams were intrested in buying him. I have been restructuring my team and hopefully next season I can start to play him more.

In my 1st save (11.0) I signed him for Liverpool in season 1 for £6million and was awesome, totally unplayable. On this save (11.3) I signed him for Norwich in season 4 (my 3rd in the Premier) for £10.75 million and has so far been rubbish.

In my save with Arsenal, me and Chelsea were battling for him but they won in the end because he accepted their contract (Chelsea is listed as one of his favourite teams too!). As soon as he joined, he played like a star, scoring almost every game for them!

Edit: they got him for 12 million plus 5 million monthly installments, I think. I was fighting fiercely for him!

well to be fair i only would have heard of this player through fm,another example is i was reading online that newcastle had a 5mil bid rejected for cheik mbeguine or something like that from some french team and i only heard of this player through fm.what do you mean by "not to mention the strangeness of buying a good player being pathetic"???

Lukaku's not exactly unheard of anymore. He's been linked to Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Real Madrid amongst others for nearly 2 years now. And what I meant was, I don't understand how buying a good player can ever be considered pathetic, regardless of how you may have heard of them.

he's usually one of the first players i sign (getting bored of him now tho), last time i signed him for barca he banged in 73 goals in a season but when i left his form dipped and he hasn't done much else, i was going to sign him for my current club but hes 31 now on my save and on £125 k per week which would obliterate my own wage cap

Archived