coach hates my club

Paolo Bastia Dos Santos (one of the best coaches in the game) was on my staff and his contract was ending so I offered him a new one, as a youth coach down from just a coach. He didn't want that so I walked away with a view to coming back later as you do.

However over the season he never wanted to negotiate with me (despite being 'very interested'). I checked his profile in FMRTE and he dislikes my club. Eventually I lost him and signed someone else.

This makes me a sad panda. I did nothing to offend him, really, really wanted him at my club and would happily (sp) take him on right now. He signed with Barakaldo as a coach in the end, a mediocre Segunda B side.

What did I do? Will he always hate me now? He has no interest in signing with me.

As a suggestion if it was walking away from negotiations I'd really like an option to stick a pin in it as opposed to walking away and the option to try to reconcile with players and coaches, or to at least try to.

Might have something to do with 'Walk Away' selection in contract negotiations. Usually if I wanna wait before offering a new contract I just don't click anything in the contract options (e.g. don't press 'Walk Away') like continue and come back later, as I find generally players/staff won't listen to a 2nd contract offer after wither Walking Away or failing to come to terms and they end the negotiations.

That's the thing though. 99/100 for me they do a couple months later.

I sort of had the same problem with Elio Carravella who was a Coach at Racing and who I wanted to hire as my AM. He was 'very interested' but never wanted to talk (I hired Izzo in the end). Did I offend him too? I know we beat them a lot and our club is a rival of thiers (but not of ours). Does that effect things? He did not have Racing asa perferred club and had only been there two years.

That's the thing though. 99/100 for me they do a couple months later.

I sort of had the same problem with Elio Carravella who was a Coach at Racing and who I wanted to hire as my AM. He was 'very interested' but never wanted to talk (I hired Izzo in the end). Did I offend him too? I know we beat them a lot and our club is a rival of thiers (but not of ours). Does that effect things? He did not have Racing asa perferred club and had only been there two years.

I wonder if you are on his 'disliked clubs' list? You would have to check FMRTE to find out.

Archived