Individual Training Focus

So I've just noticed one of my players is focusing on tackling. This must have been set before I signed for my new club (Juventus) a year ago. Thing is, I'm sure you could never set focus to tackling. I've often wanted to but not been able to, but now all of a sudden it is there. So, is this because they changed it in the latest patch, or is it simply down to coaches, i.e. does having better coaches/facilities effect what you can focus individuals on? These facilities are the best I've had so far, and the coaches are now all at least 4.5 stars on their training categories, before I've always had one or two with only 4 stars.

Now if only we could get -some- of the mental attributes in there, like decisions and positioning.

"But you can't train those!"

Not in the traditional sense no, you learn them by studying, IE -watching video-. Not exactly a new concept in professional sports. Ever heard the term 'a real student of the game'? Guess what they do to get earn it.

I'm sure you can train positioning for outfield players because i have done it before. :)

Though if you don't have a certain level of training facilities it doesn't allow you to do so.

Ok that makes sense... i checked in-game before I said that but my training facilities for the current save are bad... heh, just watch the matches on TV, who need training facilities. ;)

hey, I wanna ask what does "penalty saving" refer to, I saw this can be trained in the GK's individual focus, but I have no idea what it refers to as there's no such attribute called penalty saving, does anyone know?

Penalty Saving is hidden goalkeeper's Technical attribute, so it can be trained through the Individual Training Focus.

But what sense does it make to train an attribute that is hidden? We don't know if the GK is good at it already or not.. Doesn't make sense to me to train something but you don't know the result ?

But what sense does it make to train an attribute that is hidden? We don't know if the GK is good at it already or not.. Doesn't make sense to me to train something but you don't know the result ?

That's why it's hidden. ;)

Also what do you guys usually do with individual focus? Focus at attributes that need improvement or focus on the strenghts of players?

I train weaknessess of a player that he needs. E.g. my poacher has a bit low composure, so i'll put him to train composure.

Also what do you guys usually do with individual focus? Focus at attributes that need improvement or focus on the strenghts of players?

Usually I'll focus on weaknesses, for example;

I bought a player whose technical/mental attributes were almost the exact same as 11.2 Torres in his prime, but his Acceleration/Pace were both 11, so "quickness" was the obvious choice. Although I also gave him a personal training schedule focusing on Aerobics, as he was 21 and losing his developmental time, and Aerobics would give more focus to his Accel/Pace, and his Jumping, which was 12; pretty poor for a 189cm striker, really.

Yeah! what's the point? would be more important that we could focus on rushing out and reflexes ...

I'm sure you can train positioning for outfield players because i have done it before. :)

Though if you don't have a certain level of training facilities it doesn't allow you to do so.

I don't have it anymore... but was not after installed the new patch, i have focuses in positioning after the 11.3

Archived