how do i retrain a player in 2 positions?

hi people

i have a central defender who has been my cover for my full backs when ever they get injured or are tired, and i have been trying to train in them positions so that he is better, but whenever he gets to accomplished in one full back slot i change it for him to train to perfect the other full back slot, and while he is learning the other one he goes back to competent on what he has just been trained in, how can this be?

need help. cheers guys :)

hi people

i have a central defender who has been my cover for my full backs when ever they get injured or are tired, and i have been trying to train in them positions so that he is better, but whenever he gets to accomplished in one full back slot i change it for him to train to perfect the other full back slot, and while he is learning the other one he goes back to competent on what he has just been trained in, how can this be?

need help. cheers guys :)

He need to train to 'Natural', then it's cant go back to Acomplished, Competent... IIRC.

You can try training him to D R accomplished (or even natural), then play him at D R and then train in him D L - not sure if this will keep the D R, though.

Which is an issue raised several times, where positional training is not realistic enough.

I believe it's all linked to a player's adaptability. If players aren't particularly adaptable and they aren't regularly playing or being trained in a position that was taught to them, they'll slowly forget it.

In fact, I think much of this is covered in one of those advice pieces that pops across the screen during loading gaps.

You can try training him to D R accomplished (or even natural), then play him at D R and then train in him D L - not sure if this will keep the D R, though.

Which is an issue raised several times, where positional training is not realistic enough.

he is only a back up though he isnt good enough to play in my first team regularly at either full back slot i just think that as i use him as a cover he might as well be well suited to either position.

and surely when you are accomplished in a position you shouldn't need to continue to train in that position.

he is only a back up though he isnt good enough to play in my first team regularly at either full back slot i just think that as i use him as a cover he might as well be well suited to either position.

and surely when you are accomplished in a position you shouldn't need to continue to train in that position.

Not in-game. The starting positions - when a player enters the game (start of game for real players, generation for regens) - those are the "true" positions, and you can only train one more. And you will need to keep learning it...

Archived