A few basic questions about the editor

Hi all,

Apologies if it's a bit naughty to ask this here but after looking at the editor section of the forum I find myself struggling with the basics, so was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice here.

First off, the features I was planning on editing are underlined below, and I'm not sure all of them are possible, as so far I've only encountered advice on how to create new leagues. Basically, I kind of want to play the game as if it is the beginning of next season. Obviously I'm not going to change every single player who has moved since the last patch was released, but these were my intentions:

1) To move a few loan players back to their parent clubs (so, for eg, Mark Randall - who is on loan at Rotherham in real life, but goes back at the end of the season, I want to get rid of as we won't have him - in real life - next season. As it is on FM, he spends the entire season at the club...I know I could just terminate his deal but he uses up a loan signing I don't want).

2) Moving clubs into different leagues. Strange, you may think, given it's impossible to call who's gonna be in what league next season, but I can move clubs such as Crawley, Brighton, Chesterfield etc and then take a guess at the rest! (Again, it's all in the name of making it like it's the 12/13 season.)

3) Probably too ambitious this, but not dissimilar to my point about Randall, is it possible to change the contract details of players? So I want to make the players who'll be out of contact in real life out of contract on the game, and so on.

Never used the editor before so don't know whether you can actually do these things or not but thought it was worth asking. I'm not exactly computer savvy and don't even know how to access the editor (I tried to follow the steps on arsenal's unofficial thread, but still couldn't find it) so if anyone could help me with this it would be appreciated. I'm assuming given I can't even access the editor, making a load of changes will probably be a bit above my station but thought I'd have a go anyway.

Cheers

Niall

Hi all,

Apologies if it's a bit naughty to ask this here but after looking at the editor section of the forum I find myself struggling with the basics,

Did you read the FAQ in the editors forum. There is instructions on how to do everything you want to do in there. And the instructions are simple enough. You shouldnt have a problem.

All I can find is this thread, which doesn't really answer much, but I'm probably looking in the wrong places. - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233209-Football-Manager-2011-New-Editor-Features-FAQ

TBH it's all a bit technical for me so I'm tempted to leave it, just wanted to see if I could have a toy.

For the record, in the identical FM10 and FM11 folders within my Sports Interactive folder, the FM10 folder has a file called 'editor data' whereas the FM11 only has 'db', 'games', 'matches', 'sounds' and 'tactics'.

Archived