Injuries on this game are really getting beyond a joke as regards players who suffer such a bad injury they cannot play on. I attend every Sunderland home match and taking into account both teams it might only be five or six times a season at most where a player suffers such a bad injury he cannot play on, that is to say, if all subs were used he would still have to go off. I do tend to use my subs quite early, but most players will play on in that situation where maybe they would have gone off if there were subs remaining. It's usually at least every other game I get an enforced change through injury and it's not uncommon I can be down to eight or nine men due to that too. It's just unrealistic.

No major problems here. What is your tackling in match set to? Maybe your working your players too hard in training and there suffering as a result on the field. I find that a having a sensible training schedule and a couple of good (at least 17) fitness coaches helps considerably. One final thing are you using the latest patch with the game?

Thanks, I'll have a look into that, if I'm honest, I just play the game pretty casually and auto assign training and play a standard 442. I think probably I do seem to get more injuries than my opponents and due to the fact I often have all three subs on within 60 minutes I do tend to suffer in that respect. I guess you could say it's realistic to a certain extent in that Sunderland have had a lot of injuries this season in reality, I just wonder if it would be better if on more occasions players were able to play on after an injury. Anyway, thanks again for your help.

No major problems here. What is your tackling in match set to? Maybe your working your players too hard in training and there suffering as a result on the field. I find that a having a sensible training schedule and a couple of good (at least 17) fitness coaches helps considerably. One final thing are you using the latest patch with the game?

It's not the fact that injuries happen... it's the ratio of match ending injuries vs playable knocks. Hell half the time I get the match ending injuries and after it ends up being either nothing wrong or something most players are going to fight through (should be a knock).

See lots of matches with 2-3 match ending injuries, I've never seen that irl... it's probably happened I'm sure, but not anywhere near as often as in FM.

Agreed 100% with the OP, and I would also like to know why player-controlled teams pick up a disproportionate number of injuries when their players are on international break. I'm lucky to get through an international break with only one of my players picking up a severe injury, though more often, I get 3 or 4 out for the next several weeks. The fact that the international injuries appear to be scripted events as opposed to natural, match-engine injuries adds to the sense of unrealistic contrivance.

Archived